Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Passenger Side Kick Panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 11:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Passenger Side Kick Panel

Well I damaged the kick panel on the passenger side trying to find a hole to run amp cables to the battery. I went to fordparts.com and think I have found the right parts. Does anyone know of any where else that might sell these parts?

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=F-150

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=F-150

Thanks for all input.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:49 AM
TOTM 8/2019

Received 339 Likes on 253 Posts

tasca parts, EBAY, Amazon, google search. Just search for the PN.

Also junkyard.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
tasca parts, EBAY, Amazon, google search. Just search for the PN.

Also junkyard.
I have done that and the part numbers are different depending on which site you hit. There are junkyards just not in my general vicinity. They would have to have the right truck and a reasonable price for me to drive to the closest one (approximately 50 miles).
Old 02-25-2016, 08:33 AM

TASCA seems to have a different part number and only shows one piece. I will have to hit up their online chat assistance and see what they say.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Have you tried eBay? Lots of salvage yards sell interior parts there. Go to ebay.com, and in the search box, try 2004 F150 kick panel used. If you don't find one in your color (or not a right side), contact the salvage yard seller of anyone for sale and ask if they have one.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I just replaced mine. The part number depends on the interior color of your truck. Give TASCA your vin# and they'll get you the right part. That's where I got mine. It also comes with the push fastener as well.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Frito Bandito

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mavrik2747
I just replaced mine. The part number depends on the interior color of your truck. Give TASCA your vin# and they'll get you the right part. That's where I got mine. It also comes with the push fastener as well.

Also just replaced mine as well, did you end up running an amp wire? i can show you where i ran mine on the passenger side. super easy.

The PN for black interior was 4L3Z-1502344-AAA, also ordered from Tasca, $26.69 for the part

Last edited by Stormtrooper206; 02-25-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper206
Also just replaced mine as well, did you end up running an amp wire? i can show you where i ran mine on the passenger side. super easy.

The PN for black interior was 4L3Z-1502344-AAA
No I didn't run an amp wire, I have the stock amp and sub, but plan on running some aftermarket lights and few other gadgets. Do you have a few photos to share? It's always a pain trying to find the best access through the firewall.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Frito Bandito

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I can take some after work, but basically if you remove the battery, then remove the battery tray. there is a grommet on the firewall that works great, i just ran a 0 gauge through it, anything smaller would be even easier.

Basically i carefully stuck a long knife through it to make a hole, then taped the wire to a little wooden dowel that i had and pushed it through the grommet. then looking from the passenger side floor up past the fuse box, you will be able to see the wire coming through. I reached up and grabbed it and pulled it through (I did have a friend help push it through while i was reaching up for it but could have been done by myself)

Then there is plenty of room for a 0 gauge wire under the scuff plates to run back to the back wall. I was planning on making a big write up for 04-08 trucks installing/running new wire to all the door speakers (even the fronts!) I might get to it all this weekend
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper206
I can take some after work, but basically if you remove the battery, then remove the battery tray. there is a grommet on the firewall that works great, i just ran a 0 gauge through it, anything smaller would be even easier.

Basically i carefully stuck a long knife through it to make a hole, then taped the wire to a little wooden dowel that i had and pushed it through the grommet. then looking from the passenger side floor up past the fuse box, you will be able to see the wire coming through. I reached up and grabbed it and pulled it through (I did have a friend help push it through while i was reaching up for it but could have been done by myself)

Then there is plenty of room for a 0 gauge wire under the scuff plates to run back to the back wall. I was planning on making a big write up for 04-08 trucks installing/running new wire to all the door speakers (even the fronts!) I might get to it all this weekend
No need for photos that's easy enough for me to find. That's a pretty convenient location. I had to run some wires for my wife's Jeep Patriot and it was a nightmare, much more difficult. Did you use liquid electrical tape or anything so you won't get any water leakage? That stuff is awesome I use it all the time.

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Kick Panel