Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Passenger side Exhaust manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side Exhaust manifold.

Well anyways let me start by saying i have dreaded doing this repair for the past 5 months, winter has passed and now its time to do it. Now before i start on the project i wanted to know if anyone on the forum has used the doorman manifold http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...OE0/674694.oap Right now orreilys is doing a 15 off 75+ so i can get it for under 100 bolts and seals. So i think im going to be going that route. Now with all that said i also am wondering if i need it to begin with the leak is coming from the passenger side on the very top left bolt feels like from the seal you can see the black from the leak as well as feel it. Makes me feel as if maybe the seal is just cracked or (i hope not and im knocking on wood as i type this but i a cracked bolt). Well anyways with all that said, the sound of the popping noise is only barely on startup and after driving on the high way 5-10 minutes its like its gone but i know its there and i want it fixed. if anyone has any comments or suggestions please i would love to hear them.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got mine from rock auto driver and passenger side for about like 150 the only thing I bought separate were the actual screws that into the block and holde the manifold but it's like 5 bucks at advance I did the project my self I'm 18 years old and I used my cousins shop which has air and a lift but all tools are basic but I do recommend a stud extractor it helps big time they look like a regular socked but inside is a really good mechanism and the studs come right out. Now my truck had 160,000 and it's 4x4 and when I bought the truck last year it came from up north so it had rust all in all a 2-3day job but

If you want pictures I'll post them up for you

Quick Reply: Passenger side Exhaust manifold.