Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Passenger side carpet wet

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Passenger side carpet wet

07 Lariat Crew Cab 5.4L, I recently found that under my passenger side floormat the carpet was damp. I pulled the carpet back and there is an A/C line with a gray rubber like gasket around it and water is dripping from there. If you were sitting in the passenger seat it would be right in front of your left foot. Any Ideas??? I've heard some people mention that the drain could be clogged but i don't think its the drain that i'm looking at. If it is the drain where does it come out of the firewall, because i've looked to try to unplug it but can't find it.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan2828
07 Lariat Crew Cab 5.4L, I recently found that under my passenger side floormat the carpet was damp. I pulled the carpet back and there is an A/C line with a gray rubber like gasket around it and water is dripping from there. If you were sitting in the passenger seat it would be right in front of your left foot. Any Ideas??? I've heard some people mention that the drain could be clogged but i don't think its the drain that i'm looking at. If it is the drain where does it come out of the firewall, because i've looked to try to unplug it but can't find it.
Where does that line originate/terminate? That may be the drain tube. Trace it's location. It may be plugged, filled to the top, and running down the sides of that tube you mention.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a black cover underneith the glove box(Evaporated Core?). That line comes out of the lower left of that cover and goes into the firewall. there is about a 1 inch gap between that cover and the firewall and that foam gasket is filling that gap. wouldn't be able to tell there was a line there unless you pulled the gasket back that its wrapped around . As soon as you put your finger behind that gasket it gets wet almost like its a A/C line that has condensation on it. the exhaust runs right underneath that floor board and you can feel the heat from it when you pull the carpet back so maybe the line is putting off alot of condensation. I'm at a loss. out of warranty so dealership is not an option right now
Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 AM
GDreject

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Too bad you're out of warranty because there's a TSB on this. It's a simple drainage tube that needs to be changed. I had it done.

Quick Reply: Passenger side carpet wet