Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Passenger seat rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Passenger seat rattle

So my passenger seat is constantly ratteling. I have it narrowed down to the seat back. I was hoping the tilt just wasn't locked but, so i tilted the seat and put it back- still rattles.

Has anyone had this problem? If so what did you find?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by rollingthunder
So my passenger seat is constantly ratteling. I have it narrowed down to the seat back. I was hoping the tilt just wasn't locked but, so i tilted the seat and put it back- still rattles.

Has anyone had this problem? If so what did you find?
Get a big fat lardass to sit in that seat and ride with you at all times....

Short of removing the seat to inspect, I'm not sure if there's anything else you could do while it's installed. Maybe one of the seat back springs? Is the rattle in the center of the seat back, or towards the bottom (where the seat back connects to the seat bottoms pivit points)?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bucko
Get a big fat lardass to sit in that seat and ride with you at all times....

Short of removing the seat to inspect, I'm not sure if there's anything else you could do while it's installed. Maybe one of the seat back springs? Is the rattle in the center of the seat back, or towards the bottom (where the seat back connects to the seat bottoms pivit points)?

Haha yeah if anyone, including my 55lb black lab is in the seat it doesn't rattle at all.......... If it is empy and I push against the seat sideways it doesn't rattle, if I push against the seat backwards or forwards it doesn't rattle either. I'm guessing it's where the connects to the pivit points, that seat gets moved WAY too much, If I knew I was going to get a roommate who had a 3 year old and a Child seat, I would have gotten a crew cab.......

Quick Reply: Passenger seat rattle