Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Passenger rain leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Passenger rain leak

I have done more research on the mysterious passenger side rain leak than I ever cared to do. Every time there is a heavy rain, my wiring channel on passenger side is full of water. Third time to the dealer tomorrow. The first time they changed the door check, ac drain, and the 3rd brake light. The second time they siliconed the wiring harness coming from the door. I have done some searching and testing myself and cannot recreate the leak. I sure hope they can fix it tomorrow. The carpet is starting to smell and my hands are beat up from feeling around in tiny spots. All the similar posts I have read all have the same problem, but no one posts what the solution was. I hate to post this again, but has the dealer fixed this similar problem for anyone else? I do have a leveling kit, could that have anything to do with it? Possibly something not draining properly?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

i had an 84 that I went nuts on for a while trying to find out why the pass floor was wet when it rained at night, it was the top of the windshield.

try that
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Which Ac drain did they work on. I've seen something similiar on the 05+ Mustang with the cowl A/C intake drain clogging with leaves, and then there is this TSB:

TSB 07-13-5
07/09/07
PASSENGER FRONT FLOOR WATER LEAK - A/C
CONDENSATION LEAKING FORD:
2004-2006 F-150 LINCOLN:
2006 Mark LT ISSUE
Some 2004-2006 F-150 and 2006 Mark LT vehicles may exhibit water leaking back into the cab and on to the passenger floor from the A/C plenum drain tube area. ACTION
Refer to the following Service Procedure to determine if the water leak is from the air conditioning drain tube. SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Verify that the water leak is from the heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) case drain seal and not from another source. Pull back the carpet on the passenger floorboard and feel the HVAC drain tube seal for water (Figure 1A-1B) The concern may be verified easier with the front of the vehicle slightly elevated. a. If there are signs of water or moisture at the drain tube seal, continue on with the TSB. b. If there are no signs of water or moisture, follow normal diagnosis and repair procedures. NOTE THE VEHICLE SHOULD BE COOL BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE. 2. Remove the right front wheel. 3. Remove the right front fender inner splash shield. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-02. 4. Remove the transmission dip stick tube retaining bolt and position the tube to allow additional hand clearance. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01.
5. Locate the HVAC drain tube protruding from the bulk head. Clean all dirt and debris from the drain tube end. (Figure 2)
6. Using Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound, lubricate the short end of the new 90 degree rubber elbow. Push the elbow onto the drain tube and orient the long end pointing straight down. (Figure 3) 7. Reposition the transmission dip stick tube and tighten the retaining bolt to 9 lb-ft (12N.m). 8. Reinstall the inner splash shield, Refer to WSM Section 501-02. 9. Reinstall the right front wheel. 10. Verify transmission fluid level is correct. WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part. OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

071305A 2004-2006 F-150, 2006 0.9 Hr.
Mark LT: Follow Service
Procedure To Diagnose
And Install Elbow Includes
Time To Check And Top
Off Transmission Fluid If
Necessary (Do Not Use
With 16102A, 16038A,
7228A) DEALER CODING CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
19B739 42
Old 02-19-2010, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it back yesterday. They said it was a gromet that was not properly seated. They changed the same gromet the first time it was in for the leak. Next time it rains we will see. Actually gonna take it through a touchless carwash and see what happens. If it leaks again, I don't think I will be taking it back to the dealer where I bought it. What is everyone's take on bringing it to a different dealership? There is a much bigger dealership about 30 mins away. I bought mine from a small mom and pop dealership.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im willing to bet it was the grommet that i specified in multiple threads... search dude. hopefully your problem is solved though.

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/passeng...r-rains-40167/
Old 02-19-2010, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that the dealer got out the silicone instead of replacing actual Ford parts kinda indicates that they are lost for an answer..

Slow patiance and caution as to who's answer you accept here will go a long way...........

Keep us posted...

Bob the Fool
Old 02-19-2010, 05:40 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by bamagrad00
Got it back yesterday. They said it was a gromet that was not properly seated. They changed the same gromet the first time it was in for the leak. Next time it rains we will see. Actually gonna take it through a touchless carwash and see what happens. If it leaks again, I don't think I will be taking it back to the dealer where I bought it. What is everyone's take on bringing it to a different dealership? There is a much bigger dealership about 30 mins away. I bought mine from a small mom and pop dealership.
Your warranty is from Ford, not the dealer. I'd take it to the place you felt was most qualified.

Quick Reply: Passenger rain leak