Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Painting center caps

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 01:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Painting center caps

The chrome on my center caps is starting to flake off and look really nasty. At fisrt i was just planning on painting them black like the rest of the wheel but then i though maybe painting them DSG like the truck might look ok too and be a little unique to my truck instead of looking like every other baclk wheel. what do you guys think? The wheels are 18in moto 951s.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i think that sounds good. what if you did the center of the cap, the recessed area where the Moto M is, DSG, and the raised front part and the sidewalls black? JMO, either way it would look good I think... and you can always redo it if it doesnt.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by VanoFord
i think that sounds good. what if you did the center of the cap, the recessed area where the Moto M is, DSG, and the raised front part and the sidewalls black? JMO, either way it would look good I think... and you can always redo it if it doesnt.
haha i might do that if i had any amount of patience, but i dont so it is only going to be one color. Ive heard horror stories about trying to paint over chrome so if it doesnt come out good im just going to leave them off probably. I just really want some new wheels, i hate these ones.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by madeSICC
haha i might do that if i had any amount of patience, but i dont so it is only going to be one color. Ive heard horror stories about trying to paint over chrome so if it doesnt come out good im just going to leave them off probably. I just really want some new wheels, i hate these ones.
HA! I hate my rims too bro, but no cash for new ones so I'm stuck like chuck. It wont peel if you go all the way through the chrome, removing it entirely.

Quick Reply: Painting center caps