Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

PA speaker locations

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA speaker locations

Howdy ya'll, I don't know if this question has been asked, I couldn't find it anywhere on this forum. How many of ya'll use PA horns and where do ya'll have the horn mounted? I could use some ideas, I use to have my mounted to the bottom of the front bumper but wanted to know if there's anywhere else that it can go and maybe be hidden from the eye of the average driver passing by. Thanks in advance guys
Old 11-05-2010, 10:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I posted mine right in the grille, I wanted people to see them, Its funny bc people some times think im an unmarked cop. I have 2 speakers for a little extra sound. I love to yell at random students on campus.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
BAMF CLUB MEMBER

back in the day i had one, it was insid my bumper mounted to the support bracket. Funny how people reacted when you started talking to them or played icecream music =)
Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 PM

I got mine mounted on my grille guard right now hahaha, looks outta placed but oh well haha, it's loud as all get out! I use to have mine mounted under the front left wheel well connected to the mounted brackets for the front bumper right behind the fog lights, but whenever I went mudding the tires would fling mud all in it... even just driving rocks and all that would fling up and hit it. I tried having it under my hood right next to the coolant on the driver side but you could barley hear it when the hood was shut closed.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
BAMF CLUB MEMBER

Originally Posted by 04F150FX4
I got mine mounted on my grille guard right now hahaha, looks outta placed but oh well haha, it's loud as all get out! I use to have mine mounted under the front left wheel well connected to the mounted brackets for the front bumper right behind the fog lights, but whenever I went mudding the tires would fling mud all in it... even just driving rocks and all that would fling up and hit it. I tried having it under my hood right next to the coolant on the driver side but you could barley hear it when the hood was shut closed.
other side of bumper bracket on passenger side facing down, thats where mine was its loud there at least to me
Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Raevsky97
other side of bumper bracket on passenger side facing down, thats where mine was its loud there at least to me

Yeah haha, that's exactly what I had it setup too! It was pretty loud haha, but I just hated after going mudding it would get all clogged up and would have to clean it just to be able to hear it But now I'm looking at putting it somewhere in the wheel well but behind the plastic covering so it prevents that from happening but not sure if it'll fit haha. I really really wanted to put it right above the front bumper in that little gap but it was too big
Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM
BAMF CLUB MEMBER

^^^^hmmm mine had the plastic guard under it so it never had stuff flinging up in it, oh well, finding a good place can be difficult
Old 11-05-2010, 03:38 PM
CCDA_10

I mounted my speaker beside the radiator behind and underneath the light housing and bolted it to inner body sheet metal. It is loud as all get out from that spot. I scare the crap out of people with it all the time.
Attached Thumbnails PA speaker locations-img_0145.jpg   PA speaker locations-img_0147.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 PM
BAMF CLUB MEMBER

^^^^thats basically what i did, when i had one
Old 11-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

wow i need one of these. which brand is best and where do you get one? i need one because where i go to school it seems the entire population cant drive, too many -_-

Quick Reply: PA speaker locations