Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

p2127 tp sensor/switch E circuit Low input help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default p2127 tp sensor/switch E circuit Low input help

the other day my truck threw up the error code "p2127 tp sensor/switch E circuit Low input " on my programmer. I cleared it and it keeps coming back.
everything still works other than throttle response has been a bit odd. already tried reseating the APPS connector and unhooking the battery for half hour/resetting the sensors.

checked the resistance on APPS connector at first thought it seamed like high resistance in the midrange but im not positive.

its a 2007 f150 5.4l triton what should be my next steps?
Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by apesteguy
the other day my truck threw up the error code "p2127 tp sensor/switch E circuit Low input " on my programmer. I cleared it and it keeps coming back.
everything still works other than throttle response has been a bit odd. already tried reseating the APPS connector and unhooking the battery for half hour/resetting the sensors.

checked the resistance on APPS connector at first thought it seamed like high resistance in the midrange but im not positive.

its a 2007 f150 5.4l triton what should be my next steps?
I've got a 2011 EcoBoost with the same issue. I tried replacing the APPS, and also the PCM with updated firmware. Same problem. I'm not sure if yours is the same but see if this test works. Take the connector off the APPS and test the voltage at the pins on each end of the connector (pin 1 and pin 6). You can use the OBD port mount as a ground. It should be exactly 5 volts on each of them. Mine reads around 3 volts on one and I'm still trying to figure out why.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update... with the new PCM the input voltage when the connector is unplugged is 5v on both pin 1 and 6. When the connector is plugged into the pedal the voltage on pin 6 drops to 2.63. Tried the old APPS again and the voltage instead drops to 1.45
Old 01-13-2015, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default solved

well we sorted out my issue. I had wired in a lightbar a week or so prior and apparently while fishing the wire through the firewall grommet I cut a wire for the throttle.

Quick Reply: p2127 tp sensor/switch E circuit Low input help