Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

p2106 failsafe mode?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts
Default p2106 failsafe mode?

OK guys.The other night I was drivin home from work. I lost my speedo, tach meter, fuel Guage, oil pressure and everything on the dash. I got home, unplugged my abs module and everything returned to normal. I took off and after I got up to 10 mph I went into failsafe. My abs light and brake light are on due to me uninstalling my abs module and having it sent off to be fixed. I am still going into failsafe after getting up to 10 mph. I hooked it up to the scanner and everything is working correctly unless I go into failsafe. According to the scanner when I first crank the truck, my tps will go to wot. With it koeo it still shows Wot when I have the pedal to the floor. I'm showing no misfires. I still have the p2106 dtc without any other codes. Would I still go into failsafe with the abs module unplugged? It didn't do it last time I had to unplug it... What else could be going on?
Old 12-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Finally fixed it. Ended up being the ABS Module being bad. I bought one out of a junkyard in Michigan for 80 bucks. I was throwing all kinds of codes in the end including bank 1,bank 2 lean, number 8 coil misfire, no 4wd, p2106 failsafe, ect, but got the part in today and installed it when I got home. Went ahead and cleaned throttle body and MAF again. Slapped it all together, reinstalled my fuses and fired her up. Runs like a scalded dog again... Looks like I'll have an extra ABS module after it gets back from the builder.

Quick Reply: p2106 failsafe mode?