Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

P0420 help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0420 help!!!!

I know there are multiple threads about this code, however I haven't seen any with these exact symptoms. I have a 2006 Lariat 4x4 with only 76K miles(If it is the catalytic converter I missed the federal replacement law by 1 year). I just got the code two days ago immediately took it to auto zone to get the code read. I didn't drive the truck the next day as I'm trying to sell it, I read through the forum and found some great advice. I don't have any other codes but I feel like the truck also has a misfire(I took it to a mechanic he said I have a bad right side catalytic converter, but no misfire). I took it out driving today to try to get as specific as possible. The only time the truck skips is between 3-4k RPMs at almost any speed except 70. So when I first take off its ok from idle to 2900RPMs than it will start to bog down so I let up once I get above 4kRPMs I can punch it and it will pick up right away no problem and run strong. The only exception is at 70mph no matter what RPM I can punch it and it will pick up with no skip or stutter. The following forum (https://www.f150forum.com/f4/06-5-4-...291476/index3/) sounds pretty close to my situation and I want to try to drop the exhaust like he talked about, would I just be able to unplug the o2 sensors and have the same effect or is this not enough air flow? thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: P0420 help!!!!