Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

P0054 After Dynatech Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0054 After Dynatech Install

I installed Dynatech long tube headers and a catted Y-pipe back in August. A few weeks after I threw a P0054 code for the rear passenger O2 sensor. Swapped it to the drivers side, cleared the codes, then it came back on the drivers side as expected. Swapped in a new one and thought I was good. Then yesterday I get the P0054 code again. So I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence I got two bad O2s or if possibly the passenger side cat is causing the problem. That's the only one of the four I've had issues with since the Dynatech install. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 97SHOgt
I installed Dynatech long tube headers and a catted Y-pipe back in August. A few weeks after I threw a P0054 code for the rear passenger O2 sensor. Swapped it to the drivers side, cleared the codes, then it came back on the drivers side as expected. Swapped in a new one and thought I was good. Then yesterday I get the P0054 code again. So I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence I got two bad O2s or if possibly the passenger side cat is causing the problem. That's the only one of the four I've had issues with since the Dynatech install. Any input would be appreciated.
Question, did you self install? Did you notice gains? Hows it sound? Just eondering cause i want to put long tubes on my 06
Old 10-20-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grss429
Question, did you self install? Did you notice gains? Hows it sound? Just eondering cause i want to put long tubes on my 06
I did install it myself and it was every bit the pain I read it was going to be. I had a leaking passenger side exhaust manifold so I figured if I'm going through the trouble I might as well upgrade. It was worth it. I found a used set of headers on eBay for $500 shipped and bought the catted Y-pipe from Summit. Sounds excellent with the Magnaflow catback I already had. Not obnoxious but definitely gets your attention. Power gains were noticeable and definitely felt more torque with an updated custom tune from VMP. Pricey product but good quality and good fitment. The only thing I didn't like was the clamps. Ended up just welding everything and it's been good. Just need to figure out if the cat is messing with the O2 sensors.

Last edited by 97SHOgt; 10-20-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Quick Reply: P0054 After Dynatech Install