Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ozone Generator

Old 08-31-2013, 09:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ozone Generator

Hello everyone. I left a ziplock bag of frozen red fish in the back floorboard behind the drivers seat for 12 hours. Im in Louisiana so the 94 degree heat thawed it and about a 1/4 of a cup of the "juice" got onto my carpet. I have pulled out the seat, replaced the padding under the carpet, used Clorox, Digest Plus, Febreze, vinegar, baking soda, lemons, etc... Now I am so obsessed with the smell I think I can still smell it. Wife says it smells like all the chemicals I have put in there. Yesterday my neighbors 3 year old got in my truck and said "ewwwww, it smells like rotten eggs in here". Well, that just ruined my day. Now I am waiting on some stuff called So2Pure that is suppose to be the bomb diggity for odor removal. If that doesn't work I think my last option will be to rent an ozone generator. I read everywhere that if an ozone machine doesn't remove the odor then you might as well sell or roll it into a river and get another truck. I love my truck and don't want to get rid of it. I have it just the way I want it now I was forgetful and left this stupid bag of fish in it.
Anyway, my question is has anyone ever used an ozone generator and what was the outcome?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 AM

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

What about replacing the carpet?
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Spray that crap everywhere because the scent leeched into everything in the cab that's fibrous. Good luck to you. You might have good luck calling some professional detail company's and see what they can do. Or even a carpet cleaner with a hand attachment also and getting the seat all the carpet everything.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 AM

Seats are leather so I'm guessing they are porous and holding the smell. I just got off the phone with the detailing shop at the local Ford dealership and she told me for 100.00 they will put the ozone machine in the truck for an hour and guarantee no smell for 12 months. Seems a little steep but I would rather do that than trade it in. I can rent one online for 60.00. But I don't have experience with it either so... She also suggested coffee grounds... Why not...
Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The ozone generator should definatally do it. We had a skunk spray into our house a few years ago and in about 5 hours of the machine blasting it, it was all gone!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Rent it your self. I'm sure there is a you give video on how to use it then you could run it for as long as you wanted. The coffee grounds thing makes sense actually. Hope this works out. Just try leaving some grounds in your truck on a hot day and see what happens before the ozone generator. That's what I would think.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the ozone machine is anything like the one I have used, you literally just shut it in the vehicle and turn it on and leave it for a few hours. You won't do any damage by leaving it in too long or anything.
Just be sure to air out the truck by opening up the doors and windows for a while before you drive it for the first time or you can potentially hurt your lungs http://www.airinfonow.com/html/ed_ozone.html

Good luck!

Last edited by Fink132; 08-31-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:14 PM

Well, 2 pounds of Folgers med-dark roast shut up in my truck and parked in the sun. We shall seeeeee.

Thanks for all the input so far. I have a feeling I will have to use the ozone gen simply because everything else has failed. I'll prob let the shop do it since they are experienced at it and they have a 12 month stink free guarantee. I asked them what if I smell it again and the shop doesn't she told me doesn't matter, if I'm not satisfied they would do it again. On the rental side I could do it and blast the crap out of it fr as long as I want.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Samb22
The ozone generator should definatally do it. We had a skunk spray into our house a few years ago and in about 5 hours of the machine blasting it, it was all gone!
You just set it in your house and turned it on? I'm thinking if I rent one ill put it in my house also just for the fun of it.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by I just don't know
Rent it your self. I'm sure there is a you give video on how to use it then you could run it for as long as you wanted. The coffee grounds thing makes sense actually. Hope this works out. Just try leaving some grounds in your truck on a hot day and see what happens before the ozone generator. That's what I would think.
Coffee grounds deployed! LoL! I'm going to leave them in there for prob 24 hours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ozone Generator