Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Original Xcal

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Original Xcal

So I guess I need a tuner to really get my rig putting out the power. Looking at the Troyer site, they still have some original Xcal's for sale. Cheap. other than data logging, what is the advantage of the xcal 2? Does the orignal have a screen were you can set parameters, or are the parameters not adjustable? Three custom tunes for $300 is pretty cool.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:20 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Deleted because I read this wrong.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:23 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

the later Xcal also reads DTCs, but is superior to the Xca1 because it contains a larger memory bank and it able to support the files of the later EECs and since the Xcal1 became obsolete two and a half years ago, I wouldnt waste my money and get the Xcal2 for another $75 or go big dawg and get the Xcal3, which is able to maintain memory for even larger files.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:57 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I wouldn't get the 3 YET. Its still has some bugs being worked out. I ALMOST got it until my tuner told me to wait. I don't think the 1 has enough memory to support the 04 and up trucks. They have huge files compared to older vehicles. Get the X-cal 2 since you need one right now. Then upgrade later.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 AM

I really like the Livewire. Just because it stays connected, and of course the display is pretty awesome too, but I just cant see spending that much. You guys really are sold on the SCT stuff huh? The Edge Evo looks cool, but I have read on here some people having tranny issues. I am going to give Troyer a call tomorrow and ask them a few questions. Thanks for your input guys .
Old 10-14-2007, 09:10 AM
08 February TOTM

Originally Posted by Black Pearl
I really like the Livewire. Just because it stays connected, and of course the display is pretty awesome too, but I just cant see spending that much. You guys really are sold on the SCT stuff huh? The Edge Evo looks cool, but I have read on here some people having tranny issues. I am going to give Troyer a call tomorrow and ask them a few questions. Thanks for your input guys .
well you did ask about SCT. I for one have an Edge and I'm selling mine to upgrade to the SCT. My first unit from Edge had the tranny shudder problem with running level 3 (can or in the custom settings). It later got a burn mark in the screen, probably heat related, so I sent it in. They were just gonna replace the screen...not sure why but they sent me a complete new unit. Only it wouldn't work in my truck and after spending 1/2 hr on the phone with them they decided to sent me another unit. That one doesn't want to work right in my truck either. After some research I found the reason it's not working right is because I had my pcm reflashed to the latest software form Ford at my dealer. Edge isn't supporting it yet. So I'm just gonna get me a set of tunes that are specific to my truck.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 AM

What are you asking for it?
Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 AM
08 February TOTM

What are you asking for it?
HERE but first what year is your truck? Has the pcm been reflashed by the dealer. I can't use it since mine was. The reflash changed the HEX cod on my pcm, it's listed in my for sale post. Make sure yours isn't the same first otherwise it'll be a paper weight until they release an update for it.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:30 AM

Hmmm, I bought my truck a year and a half ago. It is an 04. Wonder if my local Ford dealer could tell me what Hex code I have? That is a killer price. I am interseted if it would work in my truck.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:37 AM
08 February TOTM

Hmmm, I bought my truck a year and a half ago. It is an 04. Wonder if my local Ford dealer could tell me what Hex code I have? That is a killer price. I am interseted if it would work in my truck.
If your interested I'll hold it a few days until you can find out. If you truck hasn't been reflashed the code should be on the fire wall. I think it's supposed to be on the passenger side. I don't know if that label gets changed if it gets reflashed. You might want to ask your dealer that. They may want to charge you to tell you if it's been reflashed.

Quick Reply: Original Xcal