Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Original Build Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Original Build Sheet

I know you can get an "As Built" Build Sheet, by VIN, from Ford (have done it in the past, through dealer service dept). Tried to get one, for the '05 XLT I recently bought, and got nothing but Deer in the Headlight response.
Anybody have a source/answer, maybe one of the guys from the Ford Service forum/thread ? ? ?
Old 02-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Monks

Received 248 Likes on 221 Posts

If you mean a vehicle window sticker (year, make, model, engine, gear ratios, options, etc), you can get one here. Just enter your vin.

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Ford
The following users liked this post:
elsonwood (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 01:04 PM

Nope, have the window sticker. Here's a sample
Attached Thumbnails Original Build Sheet-build-sheet-sample.jpg  
Old 02-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Monks

Received 248 Likes on 221 Posts

From the FTE site:

Moderator's Note - This thread discusses how to request a factory Build Sheet for your truck, either via a URL or Snail Mail. ct 17-jan-11

EDIT: As of early 2011, these things are no longer free and cost $17.00.
==
I just remembered, a couple of weeks ago, I requested a build sheet for my truck from Ford. Should be coming in the mail within the next week or so. I don't NEED it, but I thought it would be interesting documentation to have. Plus, I get to find out my truck's birthday. Ha.

Anyway, I figured there might be more out there, like me, who just want to know everything there is to know about their trucks. For those of you interested in getting a build sheet for your truck, contact Ford at this number, give them your VIN, give your name, phone number and address so Ford/ Ford's Archives can contact you should the need arise, and so they can send you your build sheet, and it'll be in your mailbox in four to six weeks.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
United States
800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Available 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Local Time (Central)
Monday-Friday
Old 02-08-2016, 01:31 PM

Good info for all. Guess, as with most everything, "What was Free, Is NO MORE"

Thanks
Old 05-18-2020, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Day All, I am a brand new member with an -04 Expedition which I gather is basically an F150 with a station wagon body. I bought it used but in really nice shape. I have a real build sheet, it says Build Sheet and under that is says Saline Plastics Plant. I wonder what that means? Is that a Build Sheet for the whole vehicle or possibly just the plastic parts? There there are a lot of numbers and letters in various columns. The far left colmun and far right column both say "Build Order". On the left side of the sheet there are two more columns, one says "Feature" and "Number". Those are basic printed columns. Nest on the left is a specific entry obviously, heavy dark ink. Then on the right side two more basic printed columns, "Reference Part/Description" with heavy dark ink letters and numbers to their right. Anyway, I have no idea how to read it. Any ideas?

Last edited by DJ04; 05-18-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Original Build Sheet