Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Orange County Chopper F-150

Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange County Chopper F-150

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at buying a 2006 F-150 Orange County Chopper edition truck and was wandering where I can get some info on what these trucks have that sets them apart. I am also wanting to know where to purchase replacement parts for them. One of the Orange County Chopper emblems is missing on the center console and I would want to replace it. If anyone has some info that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Never heard of an OCC F150.. must be a special edition or just a dealer package?

Where is it your buying it from? I can not find any info about it anywhere.

Last edited by AZFX4; 01-19-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Ive never seen or heard of such a thing and I live in NY. OCC is less than 2 hours away.

Im thinking somebody put some emblems and decals on their own truck because Im pretty sure it never came that way.

Post up some pics of the truck.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 PM

This isn't the first OCC truck I have seen, but I haven't seen very many. They all look exactly like this one. This one was originally purchased in Delaware and is now in Georgia. Follow this link to see some pics.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 01-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

I've never seen or heard of one.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a "Dealer Package"

Slap on some stickers, maybe some seat covers....... Sell the truck for 5-10k more than what it's worth......
Old 01-19-2010, 11:42 PM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Taiichii
This isn't the first OCC truck I have seen, but I haven't seen very many. They all look exactly like this one. This one was originally purchased in Delaware and is now in Georgia. Follow this link to see some pics.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Ya I'm sorry to say,but thats a dealer/district package kinda thing.Ford never came out with a occ edition.I have looked on the net,asked a couple of friends at the ford dealership i know who are in sales and can locate any truck out their and he couldn't find anything that said it came directly from ford.Its almost like the truck he sold about a month ago that had US ARMY edition on it.He and his dealership sent the truck out to local shop to get the the seats to say us army on them,rocker panels that say us army,tail gait that said us army right below the ford oval,and windshield sun visor that also said us army.I was doing my oil change their after hours when the company dropped it off to the porters who work till 10pm.So 8 x of out 10 it was slapped on their and price marked up.If it is infact real,get the dealership to locate the paperwork that every truck comes with if its a special edition that they keep for their records.On a side not tho,i do like how it looks.Its distinctive and thats a nice thing to have.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Skull31
Ya I'm sorry to say,but thats a dealer/district package kinda thing.Ford never came out with a occ edition.I have looked on the net,asked a couple of friends at the ford dealership i know who are in sales and can locate any truck out their and he couldn't find anything that said it came directly from ford.Its almost like the truck he sold about a month ago that had US ARMY edition on it.He and his dealership sent the truck out to local shop to get the the seats to say us army on them,rocker panels that say us army,tail gait that said us army right below the ford oval,and windshield sun visor that also said us army.I was doing my oil change their after hours when the company dropped it off to the porters who work till 10pm.So 8 x of out 10 it was slapped on their and price marked up.If it is infact real,get the dealership to locate the paperwork that every truck comes with if its a special edition that they keep for their records.On a side not tho,i do like how it looks.Its distinctive and thats a nice thing to have.
Thanks for the reply Skull. You are more than likely 100% correct. I searched the internet high and low and could not find a single thing about it. In fact, if it was from OCC I am sure by now someone would have put something on these forums about it. It is a very distinct truck and the emblems (more like coins) that are throughout the truck look real nice on it.

One final question. I have tried searching for this, but I don't come up with a solid answer. What is the tow capacity of the 2006 5.4L V-8 4x4 with heavy duty tow package? I currently do not have the gear ratio, but I will find out.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Somebody paid royalties to OCC; at least for the decals...

For that reason, I would'nt buy it, as that family certainly does not need my money! The show used to be entertaining; they even built some nice artwork in the form of two wheeled motorcycles. Then the show had to go mellow drama, and it got stupid. The father abandoned the sons; I can only hope this is all for the show, and not true reality. Something my son does not need to watch or think "is normal".

And now a Ford truck appears....

Buy a truck, improve on it with your own personal tasts, and enjoy it. Awhile back, someone started a post here asking for ideas that folks did to their truck. It was excellent, as the individual changes that were done on the trucks shown by pictures indicated that there's still originallity out there. Search out that post and it will motivate you into creating your own truck.

Maybe someone should call Mikey and tell him to buy that OCC truck; then in a future episode they would have the father drive it into a snowbank, or into his old office, or into the woods like he did with his other vehicles. That will entertain some folks.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 05-26-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why would anyone buy anything OCC related.

The build quality of their bikes sucks, so you want to associate with them why?

Go buy a nice truck, with a decent option package, then modify it to your tastes without being a rolling billboard/poser wanna be.

(for the record I am a biker)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Orange County Chopper F-150