Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Options for my front end? NEED IDEAS/HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Options for my front end? NEED IDEAS/HELP!!!

I'm looking to get my front end looking better. I'm thinking (hoping) I can put a bug deflector to hide the dent in the hood. But my concern is replacing the grille, and I'm hoping someone with some experience will help me out.

What parts will I need to get to replace the grille? I'm wanting to get an aftermarket grille, maybe a Saleen? Not sure yet, but I'd like to know that this is something that I'll be able to do myself and not have to go to a body shop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

At best you'll need tools not found in most garages. From the photo, you have bent the lower bumper, you may be able to remove the upper cover and block the back and pull. As for the hood, that is a tough spot. If you can get dollies and blocks in the back of it you may be able to beat it out. Most likely your looking a a new hood. As for the grill, you'll crack a new one installing it if you do not fix the hood. The good news, it looks as if your truck is white or a light gray/silver. The paint still looks good and the trucks not that old. You may be able to get a shop to shoot the paint on the parts. I.E. you find new hood and grill and do the tear down and prep for paint then take it to them to shoot the paint on, you pick up the painted aprts and reassemble. You could pull the same on a clean painted bumper if you can not pull out the old one. You would have to decide on a color scheme (FX4 bumpers are painte to match the 2 tone of the lower body).
FYI: prep for paint means remove hardware that is in the way of paint (hinges, etc), scuff the paint, light prime and fill any imperfections and block sand smooth. Check with the body shop that will be painting about priming and masking. They may want to do it themselves so as not have to undo any of your work.

Quick Reply: Options for my front end? NEED IDEAS/HELP!!!