Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Opinions on XLT's vs. Lariats

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Opinions on XLT's vs. Lariats

Hey guys as I still continue to search for a pickup I'm curious to hear your opinions on the XLT's vs. Lariats. Wondering if you guys think the extra money for a lariat is worth it. I really don't need the "extras" that the Lariat has but it would be nice.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was to get a truck to use as a truck, like towing, hauling or off-roading, I would get an XLT. Just lift it, do the basic bolt ons.

Camo seat covers > leather. The wood on the lariats is plastic anyways.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lariat's and KR's most have two tone paint schemes...not my taste, thats why I went with the XLT. Although the FX4's are nice.

Last edited by Li432Paul; 07-11-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Li432Paul
The Lariat's and KR's have two tone paint schemes...not my taste, thats why I went with the XLT. Although the FX4's are nice.
I agree with Paul...of my 30 or 40 vehicles I have owned....
NONE have been two-tone paint, not my taste, I've been very happy with my XLT.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:14 PM

Received 199 Likes on 94 Posts

For me I wanted leather seats my last f150 xlt had cloth seats. I wanted leather. I also don't like the two tone so my Lariat is all one color.

The main things I wanted were Tow package, Leather seats and sunroof.
I didn't want the two tone paint.

I knew the Lariats all had leather and most had sunroofs.
I saw many without two tone.

The fx4 didn't all have leather nor did they all have the sunroof.

Either would have worked but the only white one between the two Ford dealers was the one I bought.
2008 Lariat 4x4 supercrew
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on XLT's vs. Lariats-img_6137.jpg  

Last edited by Larryw1; 07-11-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:15 PM
UrbanTerrain

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the fx4 but the lariats old school wood paneling looks horrible. The Fx4 cluster is nicer too. I do remember when they came out in 04 my buddy got one I thought it was awesome. He also has a solid all black no two tone. Anyway the console and leather is nice and you can always change the plastic crap,
Old 07-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well, i own both, 07 lariet and XLT. The Lariet has all the works and is used as my daily driver and family truck. Now if i want to hit the dirt, beach, mud, whatever, i jump in the XLT 4x4 and let it rip. I dont mind getting the interior of the XLT dirty or muddy . You just clean it up with a wet rag and go. The Lariet and its leather is another story. The two tone paint isnt that bad if you get the right combo. I got Stone Green and Arizona Beige which looks good together. Actually the XLT is 2 tone also. Black over Grey.I had never owned a tricked out truck before but needed a functional one also. So I bought both..........................
Old 07-12-2009, 05:19 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

although this is my first ford P/U I can't compare functionality between the two but the reason I really went with lariat is the grill not really a big fan of the H grill liked the lariats alot better also after three previous trucks cough cough of do I dare to say dodge p/u's with cloth I wanted leather I also liked the interior better I also like all the bells and whistles I too wasn't a big fan of the two tone but since I waited till the model year ended I was stuck with what ever I could locate on a lot and since they discoed my color I didn't want to order a 08 I settled on it and it has grown on me my buddy has the same truck but in mono tone and I actually like mine better all in all it comes down to personal choice either way I don't think you can go wrong
Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by squirrelyyy
although this is my first ford P/U I can't compare functionality between the two but the reason I really went with lariat is the grill not really a big fan of the H grill liked the lariats alot better also after three previous trucks cough cough of do I dare to say dodge p/u's with cloth I wanted leather I also liked the interior better I also like all the bells and whistles I too wasn't a big fan of the two tone but since I waited till the model year ended I was stuck with what ever I could locate on a lot and since they discoed my color I didn't want to order a 08 I settled on it and it has grown on me my buddy has the same truck but in mono tone and I actually like mine better all in all it comes down to personal choice either way I don't think you can go wrong
thats the longest sentence in the history of sentences. but i feel ya
Old 07-12-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a 04 FX4 and it was loaded with all the bells and whistles except the digital air setup..... the guage cluster looked alot cooler than my dads 04 lariet too and my dash was carbon fiber which looked great cuz my interior was gray and black leather...... mine was 2 tone it was white with a charcoal gray bottom , i put on a set of black wheels and a 6" lift and she looked good.... I sold it , because i got a baby on the way and the payment was steep ....

Quick Reply: Opinions on XLT's vs. Lariats