Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ok i got my CAI but i need help getting the right DUAL set up HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok i got my CAI but i need help getting the right DUAL set up HELP!

ok im finally back after a long vacation but i got a lot to do now i did my cai i got the K&N 77' series AND I THINK I FEEL THE DIFFERENCE I KNOW IT DOESN'T HAVE A PROBLEM UPSHIFTING AND THE ENGINE IS A LOT LOUDER ! OH AND I SMOKED THIS z71 AT A STOP LIGHT IN JACKSONVILLE NC, AWESOME MY 3RD RID OUT WITH MY NEw SYSTEM, BUT NOW TO THE QUESTION I HAVE AND I REALLLY NEED ALL YOUR HELP BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST TRUCK I REALLY CARE ABOUT UPGRADING!
dual exhaust=MANGAFLOW, FLOWMASTER, OR WAT ELSE IS OUT THERE THAT WILL GIVE ME A LOW GROWL AT IDL AND SOME FRAKIN POWER? i don't care if its loud when it gets going but i don't want something thats loud for no reason, i need something that means power but with a low purr @ idl! anything would really help me out thanks! and i'll get pics up on my K&N which i know you all have seen before but its new to me and its my lol !!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:54 AM
JACK

I added a magnaflow dual system with my CAI and it really woke it up and its not loud at all when im on the interstate, but sounds good at WOT.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:01 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

I went with Magnaflow SI/DO nice and quiet when at idol or just cruising along but when you get on her she wakes up and roars

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 03-28-2009 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Combat Trucker

First buy a set of long tube headers. I bought mine from highflowexhaust.com for $220. Then get some high-flow cats (or just hollow yours out). Then you can buy one of these exhaust kits from flowmaster, magnaflow or whatever. Just changing a muffler doesnt really give you much more power (you'll get a little bit since our stock ones are a 55 gal. drum). If the pipe is still the same size at the manifold, how is it breathing any better? Think about it.

Quick Reply: ok i got my CAI but i need help getting the right DUAL set up HELP!