Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

OH The Wait Is Killin Me

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OH The Wait Is Killin Me

Two weeks ago I ordered from Summit Racing
-Pacesetter long tube headers(ceramicoat)
-Pacesetter Y pipe eliminator
-Slp loud mouth II exhaust(side exit in front of tires)
-BBK O2 sensor extenders
-SCT tuner for my Ipad
-35X12.50-17 General Red Labels
-3" body lift (I now for the purists you hate them, but for where I live I want my cv's at the stock angles)
-4 Hella halogens(2-pencils,2-driving)
-2 Hella wiring kits
-Accel coils
-Motorcraft plugs
-2 Moog unit bearings
-2 new hub actuators(from Ford)
-2 Richmond gear mini spools F/R ( now I know how the masses feel about having a spool in the front but with vac. hubs I have already been thinking and checking pneumatic switch sites about having the hubs independently switched on and off from inside the cab, that will aid in steering greatly. Plus the community I live in only has 10 miles of road and they are all gravel, after that your on your own in the great wide open North, no trees just rocks, mud and sand.)
-Tranny rebuild kit from Oregon Performance Transmission
-And my Nothernlightlabs door detents which are already here just not installed as of yet
-Now my question is shocks, any body have some good recommendations for shock absorbers they need to be compatible with the stock suspension.
Oh the wait for everything is just killin me, waiting for a massive stack of boxes delivered to the house will be like Christmas all over again.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:47 PM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Since you wont have any suspension "lift". I might suggest going with Rancho Quicklifts in the front (essentially replaces a leveling kit, but will put some angle in your CVs but not enough to cause premature failure) and some matching rancho's for the rear.

If you want an OEM or better ride with no lift/level, its hard to beat the Monroe Ready Struts with Matching rear shocks.
The following users liked this post:
aktmboyd (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 01:58 PM

Received 532 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by aktmboyd
Two weeks ago I ordered from Summit Racing -Pacesetter long tube headers(ceramicoat) -Pacesetter Y pipe eliminator -Slp loud mouth II exhaust(side exit in front of tires) -BBK O2 sensor extenders -SCT tuner for my Ipad -35X12.50-17 General Red Labels -3" body lift (I now for the purists you hate them, but for where I live I want my cv's at the stock angles) -4 Hella halogens(2-pencils,2-driving) -2 Hella wiring kits -Accel coils -Motorcraft plugs -2 Moog unit bearings -2 new hub actuators(from Ford) -2 Richmond gear mini spools F/R ( now I know how the masses feel about having a spool in the front but with vac. hubs I have already been thinking and checking pneumatic switch sites about having the hubs independently switched on and off from inside the cab, that will aid in steering greatly. Plus the community I live in only has 10 miles of road and they are all gravel, after that your on your own in the great wide open North, no trees just rocks, mud and sand.) -Tranny rebuild kit from Oregon Performance Transmission -And my Nothernlightlabs door detents which are already here just not installed as of yet -Now my question is shocks, any body have some good recommendations for shock absorbers they need to be compatible with the stock suspension. Oh the wait for everything is just killin me, waiting for a massive stack of boxes delivered to the house will be like Christmas all over again.

That's a hell of a list!

You will be very pleased with those grabbers, they seem to just last, and last, and last....

If I was you is go for a Bilstein 5100 set of shocks on all 4 corners.. The fronts are pre load adjustable height, and can net you an additional 2" of lift up front should you decide you want more lift.. The rears fit stock to 2 inches of lift if you end up adding a block or an AAL for additional lift in the future....They are the Best shocks for the money hands down..

The body lift is not hated, and your logic behind it makes sense... If you grab the bilsteins I suggested you could be sitting on a 5" lift one day, for a very cheap additional cost..

The only thing I would suggest against is the spool in the diffs.. I would opt for a set of tru trac's and probably jump up in gear size if your running a 3.55.. If your running a 3.73 now then you should be fine turning those 35's..

Good luck! Take pics!
The following users liked this post:
aktmboyd (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 06:08 PM

That's funny I looked at the 5100, and I was thinking they would work nicely for what I needed. There is no high speed driving in my area but the roads do get chewed in the spring when the snow melts, and I am sure they are more than good for the type of wheeling I want to due. The mini's are just getting a shake down on the truck I don't know if it is what I want but I know that I don't want a locker where I have to increase wheel speed in order to get the locker to work. In all reality I have been looking at the OX lockers, also the Ected and the E-locker. Now people will say ARB but at our winter time temps moisture in the airlines turns to ice instantly, so that's no good for me. I found some nice pneumatic toggle switches and also some 12v solenoid control valves that will work nicely for being able to turn the hubs on and off when needed. Thanks for the input guys it's much appreciated, and oh yes there will be pics. P.s. I can't wait to hear the exhaust note....
Old 02-21-2014, 12:27 AM

Finally some of the parts are starting to roll in now. Today I received my lights and my TRANZ..... (hahaha you get it) rebuild kit. I called Summit Racing today to check on the other parts and they said it should be shipped tomorrow, they were just waiting for the headers. Yay!! I am going to start pulling my spare transmission apart tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:32 AM

I have also been looking at some of the threads here with pictures of trucks with the 3" body lift's and I am kind of concerned that it is going to make my side exit exhaust look like shyt. Does any one know of a pic of a truck with a body lift and side exit exhaust..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:55 AM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I haven't seen a side exhaust on our body style that is body lifted but on an older model it made them look like they hung really low. Look pretty bad. Probably wouldnt be to expensive to have an exhaust shop cut it right at the axle and rotate the current pipe or bend a new pipe to make it hug up to the body.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:07 PM

Here is a pic of my truck. It's not the prettiest around but once everything is done it will look much better. But I mounted my new lights today.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:11 PM

I would really have liked to pressure wash it but it was -18 in the sun today. So the pressure washer would have spit out instant snow. I cant wait to get the tires and all the other parts they were shipped from Ohio today but it will probably take about two weeks for them to get here
Old 02-21-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aktmboyd
Here is a pic of my truck. It's not the prettiest around but once everything is done it will look much better. But I mounted my new lights today.
you need wheels man. 100% new truck after that.

Quick Reply: OH The Wait Is Killin Me