Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Odd question

Old 08-01-2013, 03:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone know of a company that sells tie downs like those found on the sides if the step side beds ? It would be great to have the ability to tie down to cleats like that . As I have a tonneau cover, bars aren't an option
Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Can you weld? I just made some camper tie-down brackets for my truck which basically copy the design of the Tork-lift tie-downs. But I plan on using them when I have an "wider than the bed" load as well as the camper. Might be something to think about. You can make it almost invisible most of the time and then have a sleeve (like a trailer hitch) for when you need to haul something. IMO, looks much better than having hooks on the bedside.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have any pictures ? Having a hard time visualizing what you're describing.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 AM

These will mainly be used for the camper but I imagine I will get some use out of them when I have a weird load to carry that is wide. Here's pictures of the front ones. The rear ones are similar but they attach to the bumper brackets. I didn't have to drill any holes as I used existing holes in the frame and used the 3 bolts that hold the bumper on at the rear.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corey_lax
These will mainly be used for the camper but I imagine I will get some use out of them when I have a weird load to carry that is wide. Here's pictures of the front ones. The rear ones are similar but they attach to the bumper brackets. I didn't have to drill any holes as I used existing holes in the frame and used the 3 bolts that hold the bumper on at the rear.

Hey. thats a great idea. very nice
Old 08-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Thank you sir. I think that putting tie-downs into the bed side is a bad idea as far as strength goes. I have even seen the factory tie-downs pull out of the truck just when using a sled deck. You can't beat actual frame tie downs in my opinion. There's no point in fastening to some sheet metal in my opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Odd question