Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Obx long tube headers from ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Obx long tube headers from ebay

I'm thinking of ordering the setup from ebay, comes with the headers and cats. Would it be a clean swap or will I still need to get a tune so it won't throw codes at me. Already have edge programmer and k&n intake. Any input will be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:23 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blcklariat07
I'm thinking of ordering the setup from ebay, comes with the headers and cats. Would it be a clean swap or will I still need to get a tune so it won't throw codes at me. Already have edge programmer and k&n intake. Any input will be appreciated.
You'll be able to turn the check engine light off with the edge, if it does throw a code. If I were you I would do some research on Google and see if you can find any reviews on them to make sure they fit well or are a pain to install compared to other brands.

Last edited by Lackeys'GT; 03-25-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Theres a couple of guys running them on here and like them and im sure they will chime in . I looked into long tubes a while ago and obx is what i was going to go with when i get some extra cash
Old 03-25-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lackeys'GT
You'll be able to turn the check engine light off with the edge, if it does throw a code. If I were you I would do some research on Google and see if you can find any reviews on them to make sure they fit well or are a pain to install compared to other brands.
Yeah I've looked all over but couldn't find any that came with cats also for 780 I thought it was too good to be true. Thanks y'all
Old 03-26-2015, 08:25 PM
massart

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i put the same kit on my truck and love them. my manifold was cracked on passenger side so had to do it anyway might as well do headers lol. install wasnt too bad imo. make sure the bolts holding the rear flanges have lock washers or they fall out in time learned the hard way also make sure you have the oxygen sensors good and tight or they will blow out too woops lol. all in all im happy with mine. just my 2 cents.
The following users liked this post:
blcklariat07 (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 04f150lariet
i put the same kit on my truck and love them. my manifold was cracked on passenger side so had to do it anyway might as well do headers lol. install wasnt too bad imo. make sure the bolts holding the rear flanges have lock washers or they fall out in time learned the hard way also make sure you have the oxygen sensors good and tight or they will blow out too woops lol. all in all im happy with mine. just my 2 cents.

Thanks! This is the reply I was looking for. Did you fell any noticeable gains at all?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:41 PM
massart

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put a cold air intake on at the same time so I can't really give a good answer to gains from just that no

Quick Reply: Obx long tube headers from ebay