Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Oblivious Cab Driver (as if there is any other kind)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oblivious Cab Driver (as if there is any other kind)

So, I got out of class late last night, and after what was already too long a day I decided to take a cab home rather than take the subway. It was an Explorer (fairly late model). Shortly after getting in, the cab takes a corner and I feel the front end binding up, followed by what I quickly recognized as really bad wheel hop. I peak over on the dash, and sure enough this guy is trying to pull sharp u-turns in part-time 4x4 High on bone-dry pavement. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the LCD display was saying “Warning Oil Change Overdue”, and the “Service Engine Soon” light was blinking. The thing was pretty much actively dying, as every time we stopped at a light I thought the engine was going to seize because it was idling so rough. I wanted to say something, but I could tell that the language barrier probably wouldn’t allow it (surprise, surprise).

Anyway, I thought it was a funny story to share. We spend so much time on this forum paying such close attention to detail like idle noise, cam phaser ticking, etc. Then you have this guy, oblivious to the fact that his vehicle is literally about to fall apart under his watch. Poor truck, haha.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:22 AM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm with you.
It seems to be one of the cruelest injustices of the world - I have actually seen a car being driven down the road with three wheels (missing right rear)!
My vehicle goes "tick-tick-tick" and it costs me $1500.00!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

ScottyBoston it sounds like you got a pretty new cab compared to some in Boston that I have had the pleasure of hailing.

Quick Reply: Oblivious Cab Driver (as if there is any other kind)