Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

non lifted steering stabilizer

Old 11-15-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Default non lifted steering stabilizer

Hey guys, I've searched but haven't come up with anything recent. I have a leveled truck running 295/70/18 (34.5") nitto trail grapplers on stock rims. I'm getting some decent bump steer from the larger heavier tires. I'd like to put a steering stabilizer on it for some help, but everything i'm coming up with is for lifted only trucks. Does anyone know of one that will work for my application? I have a message into BDS because it did not specify for lifted trucks only on their site, but haven't heard back for a few days now.
Thank you in advance!
Old 11-15-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Couple of years ago I was looking for one for my 05. Had this conversation with a guy. I don't believe it's needed. Just my opinion though. I think he would have sold me one if he could have.

Sure, The larger tires don't make much of a difference as hitting the side of a curb or rock and a larger tire actually impacts the steering less as the tire tends to absorb heavy jolts better than a smaller tire. I have driven my GMC with 40" tires with out a stab and it drove great. With the pressure of your rack and pinion you should be fine.
Best Regards,
Benjamin

Benjamin,

I don't really have an issue. Just wondered if it would benefit me any with larger tires. Thanks for the info.

Jordan

Hello Jordan,
Thank you for your interest however Trailmaster does not make a stabilizer for a 2005 F150. Universal will not work int this case. If your attempting to solve a steering problem it possibly is a problem with the steering system itself. The rack and pinion has a lot of pressure already which means the stabilizer would just be along for the ride and it is doubtful it would solve any problems. If it is for show then check into another brand. I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Benjamin

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Clark, Christopher Jordan (Jordan)<cclark31@utk.edu> wrote:
Hello,

I have a 2005 F150 4x4 with a 2.5 leveling kit. I have larger tires and am looking for a dual steering stabilizer setup. I noticed you have universal fit ones. Will any of them fit my application? I see it is recommended on some websites, but I don't see any specifics on different models.

Thank you,

Jordan Clark

--

Benjamin Todd Dreyer
Benjamin Todd Dreyer
Technical Support

Performance Automotive Group

Dba: Performance Accessories
Dba: Trailmaster Suspension
Dba: O-R Fab

3651 North Highway 89
Chino Valley, Az. 86323