Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

No Turn Signals, no hazards, brake lights on the fritz. common problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 11:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No Turn Signals, no hazards, brake lights on the fritz. common problem?

Well, i havent had to post in here in about a year, but hey thats a good thing, means nothing went wrong with the old girl!.. till now.

2006, F150 screw, FX4

My turn signals are shot. They dont blink, click, or even light up the arrow on the dash board. The odd part is. When i first start the truck, the signal lights work for about 2 minutes. then i get nothing. It just cuts out. which leads me to believe that something is heating up and causing this issue. I know you guys are going to say "check the fuse" and i will do that first thing in the AM. But because they work for a few minutes that leads me to believe that the fuse is ok, OR not fully blown.

Im pretty sure that the brake lights are directly related to this problem, with the lights on and either turn signal engaged, the associated brake light goes dark.

I tried swapping out the relay in the fuse box that was listed under turn signal. with no change. The guy at napa also said he was pretty sure there was another relay under the dash, but didnt have any information on its location or how to get to it (i know, i was blown away too when i got actual information from a napa employee)

so any suggestions?

thanks in advance
-Nate
Old 09-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by freebird518
Well, i havent had to post in here in about a year, but hey thats a good thing, means nothing went wrong with the old girl!.. till now.

2006, F150 screw, FX4

My turn signals are shot. They dont blink, click, or even light up the arrow on the dash board. The odd part is. When i first start the truck, the signal lights work for about 2 minutes. then i get nothing. It just cuts out. which leads me to believe that something is heating up and causing this issue. I know you guys are going to say "check the fuse" and i will do that first thing in the AM. But because they work for a few minutes that leads me to believe that the fuse is ok, OR not fully blown.

Im pretty sure that the brake lights are directly related to this problem, with the lights on and either turn signal engaged, the associated brake light goes dark.

I tried swapping out the relay in the fuse box that was listed under turn signal. with no change. The guy at napa also said he was pretty sure there was another relay under the dash, but didnt have any information on its location or how to get to it (i know, i was blown away too when i got actual information from a napa employee)

so any suggestions?

thanks in advance
-Nate
Flasher relay under dash, 28$ factory part. Solved the issue.
It was easier just to take the lower drivers side dash apart to get to it.

Quick Reply: No Turn Signals, no hazards, brake lights on the fritz. common problem?