Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

No Start with New Parts.. Where next

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start with New Parts.. Where next

Bought the Daughter an 06 Supercab for her first Vehicle.. First the #9 Fuel pump fuse started blowing, I figured it was the FPDM , Changed it and the fuses kept blowing, So next step was to pull the Fuel pump and check it since they would blow after driving for a bit.. It ran real weak and had no tourque to it when putting he power to it. Went and picked up a new Pump and it ran 10X stronger.. Truck ran great for 2 days then started blowing fuses again ( Mostly at low speeds whe touching the gas pedal ) . We went for a ride Saturday night and was going up a hill on a backroad when another fuse popped.. After about another half hour We turned around to look at some deer and the truck stalled, Fuse was fine and it wouldn't start. Towed home by a buddy and started going through the fuse box, 12 Volts on Every Fuse. Went to the FPDM and Checked, 9.62 Volts I've read that It's supposed to be between 6 and 9 volts to run properly .. I've reset the Inertia switch too....... Anybody have an Idea ??????.. Like I said , FPDM and Pump are new..

Last edited by PASILVERBACK; 09-02-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:08 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Check connection on frame rail under drivers door... It collects lots of dirt and I have heard of others having issues because of that. This connection runs the fuel pump and FPDM.
The following users liked this post:
PASILVERBACK (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have noted.. I took both Connectors apart,Cleaned them and put Electric Grease in both and checked voltage. Everything looked good ... But thanks for the response

Quick Reply: No Start with New Parts.. Where next