Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

no power windows and no stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power windows and no stereo?

I have a 2007 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew. Recently I bought some LED bulbs for my truck and decided to put them in. I put in my 2 map lights and put the front parking light/directional bulbs in. I didn't know if the flasher relay I already had was LED compatible so I tried my directionals and they were hyper flashing. So I went back to the store and pulled out my old dome light and flasher relay at the store to see if they had the right relay. I tried their relay and it didn't fit so I figured with or without the relay, my lights would hyperflash. So I just left it out. Now, I have no power windows and no stereo. I've pulled every fuse and tested it. Replaced my instrument cluster fuse, and a few others to no avail. Had the parts store test my 30 Amp circuit breaker and they said it's fine. Window is stuck down and we're about to get hit with the storms from this tropical storm. Anybody have any ideas? Tried so many things and nothing is working. So discouraged and I don't want to have to bring it to a mechanic. Especially not the dealer :/
Old 07-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Did you go through both fuse boxes? One in the kick panel and one under the hood.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by corey_lax
Did you go through both fuse boxes? One in the kick panel and one under the hood.
The fuse under the hood id the 4th one from the motor and is a 20 amp-yellow fuse
Old 07-06-2014, 10:06 PM

I figured it out. After hours of bashing my head of things, I realized that the relay I took out was actually for the accessories. So I took my "Trailer tow battery charge" relay and replaced it for now. Lost my original one. 😞
Old 07-06-2014, 10:07 PM

I figured it out. After hours of bashing my head of things, I realized that the relay I took out was actually for the accessories. So I took my "Trailer tow battery charge" relay and replaced it for now. Lost my original one. Felt so stupid.

Quick Reply: no power windows and no stereo?