Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

No power windows, no auto radio shut-off...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power windows, no auto radio shut-off...

Went to get in my truck this morning, the keyless wouldn't unlock it, and the keypad is completely dead also...had to manually unlock with key. Started it and tried power lock switch on door, and it moved the locks, once up and down, but really really slow! And now doesn't move at all. All other power options work fine! Also, the auto radio shut-off (when you open the doors, the radio usually shuts off) did not work. The radio was still playing 5 mins later after I opened and shut the drivers door. Anyone had this problem before, or know where I can start to diagnose this? Don't really want to pay a technician to fix...when I can turn a wrench myself!

Right now, I can't get in my passanger door, because retarded Ford didn't put a outside keylock on the pass door handle, and since the power locks don't work, no way to get in the door. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks guys!
-Mike
Old 12-31-2011, 02:45 PM

Anyone?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 PM

ttt
Old 01-01-2012, 03:43 AM

Received 132 Likes on 79 Posts

Pull door panel trace the black ground wire inside the door through door have seen alot of them brake and cause this drivers door it will break before it goes into the cab hope that is it
Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Does your truck see a lot of dust? May have gotten into doors. slow moving lock actuators is usually to actuator itself. also if the door ajar switch is sticky the module will eventually disregard it and won't kill accessories when door opened. press lock button on remote twice and see if horn honks. atleast rule out remote.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:15 AM

hey have similar issue mine the radio was first not to shut off now my headlights dont shut off automaticly also have no door bells if door not shut tight and dont turn on interior lights the said to try the gem module runs all the automatic electronics but they are really pricey $700 plus and ford is not going to let me try if not it return hope this helps
Old 01-01-2012, 11:00 AM

A door lock actuator wouldn't cause the keypad on the door to not even light up, or the keyless to not even arm or disarm. And the remotes are fine. Just sucks, because I can't even get in the passanger side, because its stuck locked! Damn Ford!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Try the battery for the truck. That should be the basis if any electronics are acting weird.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

it might if the door ajar switches are stuck. If it doesn't see door close it may not arm system if you have perimater alarm. do you have remote start? is key pad oe or is it a stick on one? stick on ones work same as remote and have batteries to. if door lock actuators cycle slow or are very weak then probably bad actuators or high resistence in circuit to actuators. pull ds sill plate and kick panel trim. sometimes water gets in there and if you have a remote start there may be relays laying in water. if you need to open pass door just open it from inside. circiuts to door locks are independent and come from the gem module. if you suspect module try disconnecting the battery for a minute. sometimes modules go goofy and a good batt dump sets them straight. but i don't think thats the case. be aware that if you do need a module, you'll probably need ford scan tool to program it.

Last edited by kobi; 01-01-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 PM
jim

New to this forum, if I need to go to a different thread please advise... Have a great 2005 F150 crew cab. All of a sudden my power windows stopped working. Power to window switch has 12 volts, good ground, took my switch out, installed in another truck and it worked, reinstalled in my truck..still won't work. Anyone know whats going on? How can I fix? Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: No power windows, no auto radio shut-off...