Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Nite shade chrome bumper???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nite shade chrome bumper???

Possible? No? Better suggestion???--

Keep in mine this is temporary, Front replacement bumper will be on next year(if all goes well) and rear bumper will either be replaced also or line-x'd.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the matte finish, I would just prep the chrome then rattle can the matte black. I am guessing you are going for an off road look with a true off road bumper coming soon. If you want a gloss finish you will have to clear coat the nite shade....a step alot...ALOT of ppl forget when doing their lights
Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried a chrome rearview mirrow, just had problems around the edges but other then that looked pretty good. A lot smaller then a bumper though lol
Old 09-01-2009, 02:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sanblast it or take some 40 grit on the DA, grab a can of duplicolor bed coating, will lot better and last longer, yet can be easily stripped for linex when you do that
Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATOM
sanblast it or take some 40 grit on the DA, grab a can of duplicolor bed coating, will lot better and last longer, yet can be easily stripped for linex when you do that

Thanks for the replys guys.....

It was a dumb op though.... My roommate works at Sioux Plating which is a bumper company they re do both metal and plastic bumpers..........(he paints plastic bumpers) I forgot to ask him, haha. He's going to do it as soon as I hook up his silly euro mirrors on his silverado.... chevy owners.......

Quick Reply: Nite shade chrome bumper???