Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Newbie here! Looking for direction on how to remove the armrest inbetween front seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here! Looking for direction on how to remove the armrest inbetween front seat

I am wanting to remove seats to do a thorough cleaning as well as possible replace the cloth seats from leather seats from a donor vehicle. Can't seem to find a thread on how to remove the center console/jumper seat, if someone could direct me I would appreciate it.
Also, what years seats will match up to the ones I have now.
I have a 2005 F-150 STX model and I purchased new in '05. Just hit 200k miles and it has served me extremely well with just normal maintenance.
Any help is greatly appreciated and I love this forum I have found
Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

The front bolts are easily accessable to remove on the console. To get at the rear (underneath the console bottom cushion) bolts, you have to pull the lower cushion out; it snaps into place. Pull up on the lower cushion to remove it, and then you'll have easy access to the two remaining bolts and wire loom (if you have the rear power accessory option in the center console).
I too went from the grey cloth seats to leather. I picked up a front and rear leather set from a Lariat for under $900 bucks. The drivers seat was power as well. I simply had to run a 12V lead to the seat (relay and fuse protected).

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 02-10-2016 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply. Will tackle this project next weekend

Quick Reply: Newbie here! Looking for direction on how to remove the armrest inbetween front seat