Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New User

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 AM
GO SAINTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New User

Hey guys I am new to the site and the proud new owner of my first White Flareside F150. I just thought I would start off by asking you guys a couple of questions.

What is your favorite add on?
Has anyone ever replaced a vent on the inside of your truck. It seems they should come out easy but two of mine broke already and I ordered a new set but can,t get the old ones out.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by crogers1224
Hey guys I am new to the site and the proud new owner of my first White Flareside F150. I just thought I would start off by asking you guys a couple of questions.

What is your favorite add on?
Has anyone ever replaced a vent on the inside of your truck. It seems they should come out easy but two of mine broke already and I ordered a new set but can,t get the old ones out.
Welcome to the Site! its kind of hard for me to say what exactly has been my favorite addon. my intake helps my engine breathe better, my exhaust lets people know my truck has some power when i pass them, and my tires give it an aggressive stance. Be sure and add some pics of ur truck!

as for your air vents, which ones are the broken ones?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:17 AM
GO SAINTS

Originally Posted by JorgeRod54
Welcome to the Site! its kind of hard for me to say what exactly has been my favorite addon. my intake helps my engine breathe better, my exhaust lets people know my truck has some power when i pass them, and my tires give it an aggressive stance. Be sure and add some pics of ur truck!

as for your air vents, which ones are the broken ones?

Drivers side right and passengers side right
Old 08-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Goombah Stomper

hmm, well since i havent had that problem yet, i really dont know what to tell ya. but there's definately more people on this site who can help ya out better than me! but alot of us are at work, so give it a lil time before some more people respond. tell us the story of ur truck. what year model is it?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:27 AM
GO SAINTS

hmm, well since i havent had that problem yet, i really dont know what to tell ya. but there's definately more people on this site who can help ya out better than me! but alot of us are at work, so give it a lil time before some more people respond. tell us the story of ur truck. what year model is it?

I drove a 99 Ford Ranger V6 3.0L for 6 years and know that I have a kid and a wife we all couldn't fit comfortably. (not to mention is was a great excuse to get my wife to buy me a F150 I have always wanted.) Anyway, I looked into new trucks and could not afford them and ran across a used one. It is a white 04 F150 4.6L V8 extended cab flareside. I loved these and when I saw it it was all over. I really wanted a 5.4 Triton but this truck is in such good shape for the price i could not pass it up. BTW is that a pic of your truck Jorge?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Goombah Stomper

I drove a 99 Ford Ranger V6 3.0L for 6 years and know that I have a kid and a wife we all couldn't fit comfortably. (not to mention is was a great excuse to get my wife to buy me a F150 I have always wanted.) Anyway, I looked into new trucks and could not afford them and ran across a used one. It is a white 04 F150 4.6L V8 extended cab flareside. I loved these and when I saw it it was all over. I really wanted a 5.4 Triton but this truck is in such good shape for the price i could not pass it up. BTW is that a pic of your truck Jorge?
well you made a great choice! im sure the f150 will be a great truck for you and the family.

and yes sir, that is a pic of my truck under my name. ive put in some good hours workin on it and im ALMOST done tinkering wit it with the budget i have right now. there's plenty of more pics on my gallery. i actually have another one i need to add after i completely cleaned it out. washed, waxed, tireshined, hell, i even put engine degreaser to get all the friggin bugs off the grill and windshield!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
GO SAINTS

well you made a great choice! im sure the f150 will be a great truck for you and the family.

and yes sir, that is a pic of my truck under my name. ive put in some good hours workin on it and im ALMOST done tinkering wit it with the budget i have right now. there's plenty of more pics on my gallery. i actually have another one i need to add after i completely cleaned it out. washed, waxed, tireshined, hell, i even put engine degreaser to get all the friggin bugs off the grill and windshield!

Hey I noticed in your gallery you have a K&N air filter did it do anything for performance or MPG? Is that the 4.6 or 5.4?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Goombah Stomper

i have the 5.4 in mine and couldnt ask for more! the K&N is pretty cool, it really helps out in throttle response and gives a nice growl and a lil more power at mid-rpms. as for fuel economy, it does pretty well if u keep it clean and kinda baby the pedal a little bit. but i love it, it really helps my engine breathe a little better. with all the new emissions laws and stuff like that these days, factory vehicles are so restrictive. ive been looking on getting some headers and some high flow catalytic convertors to help the air flow even more. have you done any mods to ur truck yet?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM
GO SAINTS

i have the 5.4 in mine and couldnt ask for more! the K&N is pretty cool, it really helps out in throttle response and gives a nice growl and a lil more power at mid-rpms. as for fuel economy, it does pretty well if u keep it clean and kinda baby the pedal a little bit. but i love it, it really helps my engine breathe a little better. with all the new emissions laws and stuff like that these days, factory vehicles are so restrictive. ive been looking on getting some headers and some high flow catalytic convertors to help the air flow even more. have you done any mods to ur truck yet?

Only had it a week so I have not received any of the stuff I ordered off of ebay but on the way I have small stuff like a billet grill(Horizontal), Tailgate LED(the new one with reverse lights), and a Hyperwhite kit but I really just do not know what I want to do first thats kind of why I asked for you guys favorite so I can try to narrow the list. With the new truck I do not have a great deal of money laying around if you know what I mean.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Goombah Stomper

Only had it a week so I have not received any of the stuff I ordered off of ebay but on the way I have small stuff like a billet grill(Horizontal), Tailgate LED(the new one with reverse lights), and a Hyperwhite kit but I really just do not know what I want to do first thats kind of why I asked for you guys favorite so I can try to narrow the list. With the new truck I do not have a great deal of money laying around if you know what I mean.
ya i hear ya on the money situation. i still gotta pay tuition, rent, and books for this comin semester. so before i do anything else, im gonna have to land me a decent j.o.b. if anything, id start wit the grill first, that really sets off the front of ur truck and will tell people to get out of the damn way when ur drivin up on them on the highway!

also, u kinda lost me wit the other two. is the tailgate LED just the light strip? and whats the Hyperwhite kit? headlights?

Quick Reply: New User