Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

"New" Truck Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "New" Truck Maintenance

I would like to replace some things on the truck since I am not completely sure what has been replaced (it does have 109k on it) by the previous owner. I purchased it from a dealer, so I am not going to take what they said seriously.

I changed the oil immediately and will change the spark plugs soon. I'm well aware they might still be the original two-piece design, so I am prepared for that fun already.

What else should I concentrate on? I'd like to order all of the parts at the same time.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed plugs, oil, f/r differential fluids, transfer case fluid, and about to change trans fluid and replace my leaky/warped exhaust manifolds with hedmann shorties. My truck had 101k when I bought her. At 117k now
Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts

i would go ahead and replace all the fluids in truck. front/rear diff, transfer case, tranmission(flush and replace filter.) you can check to see how easy the plugs come out to see if they need to be taken out.

i always tell my customers that when they buy used cars is to replace all the fluids that way it gives you peace of mind that you dont have to worry and you can start the maitnence over from that point.

Quick Reply: "New" Truck Maintenance