Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New truck. Already S#!tting out on me

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Default New truck. Already S#!tting out on me

I just bought a 2008 f150 extended cab 4x4 with a 4.6 and 140k and I believe my a/c compressor is bad, because when I turn it on at idle the whole freaking truck shakes. What's weird is it doesn't do this every time the a/c is on. Sometimes it idles smooth as a top and sometimes it feels like the doors might fall off. The worst part for me is this buzzing sound it makes when acting up. When I get up around 2000 rpm it buzzes really annoyingly loud; I think the sound is coming from the passenger side by the windshield. I have replaced the a/c compressor on the last two trucks I've owned and I want to put this one off as long as possible as these 4.6 compressors are a major pain in the ***. Is there something in the cab I can tighten to make that buzzing sound stop? Its driving me CRAZY especially since I JUST BOUGHT the dang thing.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would clean the throttle body, MAF, and replace the fuel filter. Then do the idle relearn process to see if that clears up your shaking at idle

The buzzing might a loose piece of trim or maybe one of your pulleys is starting to go out. have someone rev it up and try to pinpoint where it is coming from

Quick Reply: New truck. Already S#!tting out on me