Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New toy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Default New toy!

Whats up everyone im a newbie here. I just bought a house so I got rid of my Chrysler 300 AWD and bought a 06 f150 with 86k on it and love this truck! So far I did 8k HIDs, tool box and tinted the front windows and windshield. I plan to add black oval nerf bars, H Bar brill(or is it a FX4 Grill?) black 17s and the FX4 painted front bumper with round fogs and the painted FX4 rear bumper. Any other ideas yous guys have let me know! Here are 2 quick pics I have..

Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

definitely add a leveling kit for a level stance vs the factory rake. Nice truck and congrats on the house.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niteshade on the tail lights and 3rd brake light would be a good addition to black wheels. Also painted heads would look good.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and nice truck! Install a better flowing exhaust, CAI, SCT X3 w/custom tunes, e- fans, underdrive pulley and lift it. Find some nice wheels you like and 35's. Take off the 4x4 stickers. Replace the spark plugs. Put gas in it. Wash it. That should keep you busy for a while.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 AM

good luck man, a sliver 4x4 has a lot of potential.
like the others said, level it, black 17-18s, 33-35s, CAI or GOTTS, programmer, exhaust, smoke taillights, Harley Davidson headlights, saleen grille, sound system...
the list can go on and on just depends on how think that wallet is ha
Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and congrats on both the house and the truck. Your truck looks a lot like mine, which I just bought last month; my first truck - ever. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by 4nwtf
definitely add a leveling kit for a level stance vs the factory rake. Nice truck and congrats on the house.
thanks! What exactly does the leveling kit do? Make the front sit the same height as the back? If so what kit would I need to make it sit even and not have the front sit higher. A few more ques will it effect the ride quality or will it be the same as the way it rides now and what is a good leveling kit to go with?

Originally Posted by SAWMAN556
Welcome and nice truck! Install a better flowing exhaust, CAI, SCT X3 w/custom tunes, e- fans, underdrive pulley and lift it. Find some nice wheels you like and 35's. Take off the 4x4 stickers. Replace the spark plugs. Put gas in it. Wash it. That should keep you busy for a while.
Thanks! Whats a good reasonable exhaust that's not loud and exits out the side like factory. Also what are good spark plugs to go with and should I do spark plug wires while at it?

Originally Posted by muddymallard
good luck man, a sliver 4x4 has a lot of potential.
like the others said, level it, black 17-18s, 33-35s, CAI or GOTTS, programmer, exhaust, smoke taillights, Harley Davidson headlights, saleen grille, sound system...
the list can go on and on just depends on how think that wallet is ha
Thanks! I do like the Harley Davidson headlights where can I get them at for a good price or should I go with the look a likes on eBay? Also where can I getthe saleen grill at?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

There's a TON of threads on here about ways to free up the HP that Ford left on the table with these trucks. Search for exhaust, intakes and tuners. As for the level, on a 4x4, a 2" level spacer does the trick. You can go higher but it'll make the rear look lower than the front. Again, search for level kits here and find a bunch of information but yes, essentially its a metal spacer that goes between the body and the top of the strut.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 AM

I few more ques where is a good place to get black oval nerf bars at? I found 2 different sets on eBay going for $180 shipped is that a food price? Also I want to do the fx4 painted front bumper with round fogs and the fx4 painted rear bumper. Are they direct bolt on and If so how can I get the fogs to work since I don't have fogs now. Last where is a good place.to purchase the bumpers at for a good price. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:20 PM

not sure where to buy the bumpers but a cool idea is to maybe rhino line them would look good with black wheels and the hd lights and saleen grille

Quick Reply: New toy!