Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New side mirror

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New side mirror

My passenger side mirror got messed up a little. Can someone point me in the direction of a new passenger side mirror? Really it's the little orange light strip under the mirror that is broken apart. I might just buy both side idk. Are there any good after markets mirrors?

2005 f150 king ranch
Old 08-03-2016, 02:53 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Junk yard. You may find a mirror that has broken glass, but a good orange light strip that they will sell you cheap.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

OEM mirrors are expensive! When I bought my truck I pointed out that the mirror was slightly broken. Just some of the black trim around the outside edge. Purely cosmetic, but the salesman foolishly said he'd get me a new one! LOL! He then comes back a week later with a BS line of "they're on back order and we cant get you one for a long time so we're checking junk yards" yeah they're not back ordered they're $1000 new and he didn't realize that when they agreed to this. Cema I notice you have a KR? Probably has power fold, puddle light, and heated? Along with the turn signal. Mine is paint to match and the best quote I found from my local dealer was $840 then cost to PTM! Yikes! Go with aftermarket if you can. It will save you lots of money in the end. Unless you don't have power fold option then OEM is close to the same price as aftermarket.
The following users liked this post:
LakelandFordParts (08-03-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 08:31 AM
F150 Forum

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it is just the little lamp under the mirror glass then the price isn't quite as bad as the entire mirror. We have them listed on our site for about $55.00/ea.

Last edited by Martian; 08-03-2016 at 08:33 AM. Reason: removed links
Old 08-03-2016, 08:33 AM
F150 Forum

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenG
OEM mirrors are expensive! When I bought my truck I pointed out that the mirror was slightly broken. Just some of the black trim around the outside edge. Purely cosmetic, but the salesman foolishly said he'd get me a new one! LOL! He then comes back a week later with a BS line of "they're on back order and we cant get you one for a long time so we're checking junk yards" yeah they're not back ordered they're $1000 new and he didn't realize that when they agreed to this. Cema I notice you have a KR? Probably has power fold, puddle light, and heated? Along with the turn signal. Mine is paint to match and the best quote I found from my local dealer was $840 then cost to PTM! Yikes! Go with aftermarket if you can. It will save you lots of money in the end. Unless you don't have power fold option then OEM is close to the same price as aftermarket.
It always makes me chuckle when salesmen do ridiculous things like this. They promise without knowing what they're talking about.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:17 AM

The mirror is not power fold to my knowledge. I believe I found an entire assembly replacement at oemautopartsandaccessories.com
It is a powered mirror, with heat and the signal. I do not know if it has the puddle lamp $158

I am looking at Tasca parts and apparently I can buy just the mirror shell.
I also found an assembly at carpartsdiscount.com for $80. The whole assembly is part number 6L3Z17682CA

The repeater lamp by itself is part number 4L3Z13B37AA. I have found it for 48-55

Where can I find after market?

Last edited by cema; 08-03-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:51 AM

Ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...irror&_sacat=0

There are many aftermarket options. Most are basically OEM but made by someone else. There are a few other options such as tow mirrors and other stuff. Like I said if not power fold (to test put the power window selector dot straight up. Between R and L and pull straight back on the lever, if you have them they'll fold) then they are all about the same price. Seems strange to me that a KR doesn't have power fold. I guess they all have a few options missing probably.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:28 PM

I stand corrected. They are power fold. I assumed they weren't. So that makes replacing them a whole lot more expensive. I'll probably get the repeater lamp. I've looked at Lakeland ford and other. Usually within $10 of each other. I'll be sure and use the folding more often now that I know they are power
Old 08-03-2016, 01:55 PM

Yes, power fold adds a few pennies lol! If it is only the turn signal you want or need to replace then I'd for sure go that route!

Quick Reply: New side mirror