Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New Owner & IPhone integration

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner & IPhone integration

Retired my 260,000 mile 1995 Ford Ranger Splash (with baby stepsides and intimidating safety yellow paint with teal splash graphics).

Purchased a 40K Black 2006 F150 Lariat (The Splash fits in the bed).

Whats the best kit out there to integrate the Iphone 3G. I've seen the brandmotion kit
http://brandmotion.com/ipod.php

I'm looking for one that is 3G Iphone compatible and with the phone still being able to place and receive calls while hooked up.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you wont find a good adapter that will let you use your phone without having it on airplane mode or you will get a nice buzzing over the speakers.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:41 PM

Get and aftermarket head unit with the ipod adapter and you will get the best sound
Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I just got one of these with the 08 Factory nav unit I bought. I had to order the satellite to radio connector so I can connect everything, the seller did not have this. I should have it by Thursday next week and I will try to get it hooked up right away. I'm not sure about your application but all the post I've read everyone says the Brandmotion Ipod connector is the best and easiest to use.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

/\/\

Yeah let us know how it turns out. I just got an iPod touch that I'm gonna set up to use in the truck for road trips and just started researching which kit to get...
Old 12-13-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
I just got one of these with the 08 Factory nav unit I bought. I had to order the satellite to radio connector so I can connect everything, the seller did not have this. I should have it by Thursday next week and I will try to get it hooked up right away. I'm not sure about your application but all the post I've read everyone says the Brandmotion Ipod connector is the best and easiest to use.
So are you going to be using the brandmotion with an Iphone 3G?

I sent them an email and they said that the Iphone 3G will work but won't charge without this adapter from cablejive.com. I've seen alot of negative reviews as well as to how well the stereo controls actually control the ipod/iphone.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by agadawg1717
Get and aftermarket head unit with the ipod adapter and you will get the best sound
I need something that will

1) charge the iphone3g
2) let it play music through the stereo (not FM modulation) and be compatible with steering wheel stereo controls
3) still allow the iphone to send and recieve calls.

Any suggestions?

I have a basic stereo in my lariat (single CD). Is there an adapter or cable that plugs into the back of the radio that will give me an aux input?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:53 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fiasco
So are you going to be using the brandmotion with an Iphone 3G?

I sent them an email and they said that the Iphone 3G will work but won't charge without this adapter from cablejive.com. I've seen alot of negative reviews as well as to how well the stereo controls actually control the ipod/iphone.
I got the Ipod to radio kit. I was thinking these were the same... I guess not. I know the kit I have works with the steering controls and the touch screen on the nav unit it also charges the Ipod while connected. I didn't realize the kit you need is different, sorry.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 PM

Is there a cable kit to get an auxillary input of my stock stereo for my iphone?

Quick Reply: New Owner & IPhone integration