Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New owner here, have ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 03:34 PM
jt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner here, have ?'s

I have a 2004 XLT and want to add a few things....

Air intake (which one?)
GForce chip kit (any good)
exhaust (which one)

Im kind of looking for money savers here...

all info is helpful. Thanks
Old 07-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Chive So Hard

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm sure that a few people will disagree with me but the same amount will agree.

As far as intake goes, do a Gotts mod. There are plenty of threads on here that can explain how to do one. I did one to mine and noticed a drop of 30° in intake temperature. ((This mod will only cost about $10 and about 30 minutes of your time)
Exhaust, I would steer clear of Flowmaster and go with a through design muffler such as Magnaflow or Banks. Dont buy the kit either, get a local shop to do it. You live close to where I do so I know there are plenty of good exhaust shops around.

But... both of these mods will mean squat if you dont put electronics on your truck and that is because these trucks were designed to have the most efficient intake and exhaust that could be engineered for them. You are definitely going to want a tuner of some sort and I personally reccomend SCT. Those allow for custom tunes to be written over to your ECM if you ever decide to do any serious work as far as engine performance is concerned. Also, SCT tuners are on par with price compared to all other tuners out there on the market.
Look these are just my .02 and I'm sure others may have some ideas for you. In the interest of saving money, I believe these will be the best for you.
The following users liked this post:
jt2 (07-19-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 08:46 PM
jt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info thanks.

Quick Reply: New owner here, have ?'s