Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

NEW MODS & PICS...AF1 AIC, Roush Exhaust, Billet & Side Badges

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:53 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking NEW MODS & PICS...AF1 AIC, Roush Exhaust, Billet & Side Badges

Hey all,

Hope that everyone is doing alright out there in F-150 land and will be able to get some rest during this weekend. I know that it's not the "Aftermarket" section but it seems as though this section gets more traffic so I thought I'd post my new info here.

Ordered the 3" AF1 CAI from Troyer Performances last Monday and it got here today, coincidentally along w/the Roush Off Road Exhaust (which I got from a different vendor) and I will be having both installed ASAP tomorrow. It took me a long time to decide whether to go w/the Roush or Maganaflow Exhaust, & after I finally settled on the Roush, it took just as long to decide between their "Legal" exhaust & the Off Road.

I previously/currently have the K&N Series 63 AIC along w/an exhaust that has a Flowmaster muffler and the rest my shop just made/bent the exhaust to my specs as a SI/DO. I must admit that I LOVE the way this exhaust sounds, but have heard one too many negative things about Flowmaster and decreasing low end torque (I'm not knocking Flowmaster, I'm just stating what I have read in my research) as well as having to be VERY careful about what CAI we put in our 3V F-150 in order to keep them from running lean (even if it doesn't throw a code, it still may be running lean), so that is why I am switching to the AF1 per the hours of reading I have done and speakng w/Mike Troyer a few times over the last couple of months.

So I would say that I have no complaints w/my current setup, but if it means that there is even the possibility of preventing future probs, and gaining even a lil more HP & torque, then I am all for it.

For those who are interested, I will certainly get some pics, and hopefully video/audio of my new exhaust & CAI and post them up for y'all over the weekend. In the meantime, enjoy my billet/tailgate badges as well as my side (above fender) badges that just arrived this week and I will be putting on this weekend and taking pics of them on the actual truck as well once this is done.

Enjoy!!

Last edited by dre23; 02-16-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:09 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Default Billet & Tailgate Badges

Here are the pics of my Billet/Tailgate badges that I had made by Heidi at Billet Technology. I have NOTHING but praise and two thumbs up for her and her top notch company, her (specifically her...the co-owner of the company) EXCELLENT customer service...every time I called I spoke to her, and it was as if I was speaking to a close friend (of course, my spending $200 w/her I'm sure was a nice incentive for her to treat me nicely, LOL), and just their keeping me up to date on each step of the process as they made these badges. They are completely and exactly what I requested and I could not be happier. I have no ties to the company and received no type of kickback or discount, but they previously as of Nov. '07 only did badges for Dodge/Chrysler (???) & I called, bugged, and harrassed them until they folded and said they would make me a pair & branch out into the Ford market, which I told them (over & over) was HUGE! So for anyone who is looking for something more than a sticker to put over your grille badge (especially if you have a new model where the word "Ford" is indented into the badge) I would highly recommend this company first and foremost despite the price tag. And of course you can use their artwork or send in any artwork that you like to truly personalize and have a badge that no one else in the world has. Now to me, that is the true essence of Modding your vehicle!

Here is their website:
http://www.billettechnology.com/
Along w/Heidi's number, 561-582-6171 & email addy infovpi@fdn.com
for those who may be interested.

P.S.
FYI: The badge is still covered in the packaging cellaphane type plastic, so that's why you may see those imperfections and bubbles.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is the difference between the legal and illegal system?

and I thought you had to have a tuner for the 3 inch intake?
Old 02-16-2008, 01:22 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Talking Side Fender Badges

These badges I purchased from "Billet Badges" and ordered them from the company owner, Steve, who is really cool & down to earth, nice guy. His work is excellent too, & it is hard to compare whose is better (between Billet Tech & Billet Badges) as they use different machines to produce their products. Billet Tech was dragging their feet in the beginning and Steve had exactly was I was looking for to replace my side "F-150" badges at a good price (of $126 to my door), and I am just as pleased and satisfied w/the outcome of this product as well. I am not going to deny as is plainly evidnet from a comparison of the two pics that Billet Technology seems to clearly be able to have much more defined detail on their badge artwork.
The one thing with Steve though, is that you have to stay on top of him, as tho it seems he is almost running a one man show, and I made repeated calls to him just to make sure he hadn't forgotten about me. In the end tho, he did deliver on time.

For those possibly interested, here is Steve's contact information:
http://www.billetbadges.com/index.htm
And his phone number, (619)818-1965 & email addy billetbadges@***.net
Old 02-16-2008, 01:29 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Thumbs up Answer To Ty's Questions...

Originally Posted by Ty
what is the difference between the legal and illegal system?

and I thought you had to have a tuner for the 3 inch intake?
Speaking to Mike Troyer, the only difference is between the Roush legal & "Off Road" (they don't say that it's "illegal", which kinda automatically makes you assume that it is illegal, which it is not, lol...good marketing) is the noice level and size of the muffler. The Off Road version is suppossedly considerably louder and I believe only has a 10" muffler where the Legal version has a 16 or 18" muffler. From audio clips that I've heard on YouTube, the OffRoad has a VERY nice growl and from talking to others who have it, very little, if any drone. But they are the same exact price, so basically it is just the sound level...Mike said that both products produce equal HP & torque gains from all the testing he has done.

I am having custom tunes made for my XCAL3 via Troyers, but you only NEED to have the custom tunes if you get the 3.5" AF1. No custom tunes are needed if you only get the 3"...but then of course, you are losing out on some HP. The 3" AF1 CAI will not make you run lean w/out custom tunes while you MUST have custom tunes if you get the 3.5" in order to not run lean.

I hope that this helps Ty.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:21 AM
Ty

got it, I thought it was 2.5 and 3, not 3 and 3.5.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool emblems DRE, that is slowly turning into one mean f150. I went with the 3" airaid on Troyer's recommendation, it also will not run lean. And I wanted to stay with the black plastic look and needed the intake to be C.A.R.B. legal (Calif. sucks) and the Air force 1 is not.
Post some pic's when you got her all together.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-16-2008, 07:31 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds nice but lets get some pics of all of this on!

The off road muffler has less packing than the legal version, making it louder.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Ty

so just to recap, shorter muffler, and less packing?

Quick Reply: NEW MODS & PICS...AF1 AIC, Roush Exhaust, Billet & Side Badges