Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New Member, Need Help

Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member, Need Help

This is my first post but I have been lurking in the shadows for a couple of years. LOL.

Anyways on to the problem. My 07 King Ranch radio is messed up. My battery died one night and when I got jumped everything seemed fine until the next day I noticed that my steering wheel controls for my radio didnt work (fan and temp buttons still work though?) and also when I cycle through my Aux button I can only see my sattelite options the lights on my radio do not work either. It no longer allows me to select my input jack. I have checked every fuse I can think of that pertains to the radio and am at a complete loss. Any help would be appreciated. I have also disconnected the battery to no avail.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 PM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by TX KING
This is my first post but I have been lurking in the shadows for a couple of years. LOL.

Anyways on to the problem. My 07 King Ranch radio is messed up. My battery died one night and when I got jumped everything seemed fine until the next day I noticed that my steering wheel controls for my radio didnt work (fan and temp buttons still work though?) and also when I cycle through my Aux button I can only see my sattelite options the lights on my radio do not work either. It no longer allows me to select my input jack. I have checked every fuse I can think of that pertains to the radio and am at a complete loss. Any help would be appreciated. I have also disconnected the battery to no avail.
You may have destroyed the radio.... The same thing happened to my suv last week.. My wife played the radio why washing it a killed the battery.. Now the radio dont work... I think their are steps you go through when you reconnect a battery like turning the lights off and on... A/C, and radio off and one... I think...

Welcome to the site... I also have a 07 KR..
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Actually the radio works fine other than the lights, buttons on steering wheel and input jack. By lights i mean the buttons on stereo dont light up when headlights are on. It plays radio, and CD's just fine?????
Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and letting the computers "reset"?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 PM

Yes, That was the first thing I tried but I suppose its always worth a second try
Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 PM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by TX KING
Yes, That was the first thing I tried but I suppose its always worth a second try
Did you drive it for 10 minutes or so?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this a dumb answer but is the little dimmer thing for your instrument pannel and dash lights turned off.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 PM

check the fuses...when i jumped my wifes old torrent a few years ago it blew the power steering and radio display lights but radio still work..not sure if ford could be the same
Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Some1incontrol
check the fuses...when i jumped my wifes old torrent a few years ago it blew the power steering and radio display lights but radio still work..not sure if ford could be the same
A surge from my battery probably fried the fuse OR the wirering
Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life
Did you drive it for 10 minutes or so?

Not sure exactly what you mean? I have been driving it for a couple of weeks. Do you mean did I leave the battery off for 10 minutes or so?

Search this Thread