Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New Member hello and a a few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member hello and a a few Q's

Hello!! To start off with, I just got a 2004 F150 Lariat Supercrew, 4x4, 5.4L. I was born and raised on GM, but, after the last 2 GM cars I bought new had the issues they had, figured I would come to the darkside .

I love the truck even though it is 6 years old with about 61K on it. I like it better than my 2006 GMC K1500 I bought new.

I just have 3 questions/issues you can help me out with:

1: My climate control does not seem to blend right. Dial it in to 90 Deg and it burns you out. I put it on the next step down which is 85 and it blows luke warm air at best ( it seems like a much bigger drop in temperature than 5 degrees.... more like 15-20 degree diff ). If I keep turning it down, it does get incrimentally cooler. Any clues from anyone?

2: I was watching the weather the other day and said it was cold and snowing. I went out to my truck and sure enough, it was. However, the thermometer on the trucks Info Center said it was 127 degrees outside. I am thinking it may be a degree or two off. I pulled the battery cable, reset the Info center and recalibrated everything, and the temp is still wrong. Any clues on this?

3: It looks like the front door speakers in this truck are component style speakers, but, the back doors are combination style. I have not taken the door panels off and Crutchfield is sketchy at best. Could this be correct? If so, is their room for component style speakers in the back door set up EXACTLY like the fronts? I know I may have to drill some of the meshing out of the back door panels for the tweeter.

My future plans are for Infinity Kappa 680.9's in all 4 doors, a single 12" Infinity Kappa under the rear seats, a Infiny Kappa Five amp and a new head unit. Probably a JVC double-din as I always get the best bang for the buck with their products.

Last edited by TwiztdWun; 12-26-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

First off Welcome to FORD!! The best in the business. Second I cant tell you what is wrong with your climate control or temp gauge. Its really wierd that your temp would be off like that. I have never had any problems with mine. I do believe that speakers wise you are right may need to cut soe mesh but should be okay. And JVC makes the best double din as far as Im concerned I got mine from Sonic Electronix.com for 525.00 its the JVC AVX820 I highly recommend it. Good luck with the truck and Happy Fordin!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Welcome to the site on the climate control it could be the blend door I had a problem with mine last year and thats what it turned out being.as for the the outside temp no clue maybe the weatherman was wrong lol