Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

new member with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member with a few questions

i just bought my first ford this past week, 06 f150 fx4 super crew. the po didnt have a spare key, the remote unlocker thing or an owners manual. should i just suck it up and get them from a stealership or is there somewhere cheaper? also, the guy didnt know the door code, how do i reset it? furthermore, does anyone know where i can get the smoked headlights that came on the harley davidson editions?

tia,
terd
Old 05-08-2010, 12:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can get the remote from many sources on ebay. The owners manual you can download here. https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp
Or you can get one on ebay too. The door code if it had the number pad has a number on the module. I don't remember where they put it on that year but some are just above the gas pedal. As for the spare key, if you don't live in a theft area, you can have standard keys cut, then remove the ring around the lock cylinder and tie wrap the original key you have in the center of it. Then the other keys will run the truck. Otherwise you have to have the extra keys programmed and it's pretty costly. The keys can be puchased on ebay too.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Fords r us

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rtg143
...Otherwise you have to have the extra keys programmed and it's pretty costly. The keys can be puchased on ebay too.
search this forum or f150online - there's a procedure for doing the programming yourself as long as you have at least one good key!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry guys but im pretty ford illiterate, what is this module that you are talking about? i looked above the gas pedal but im not exactly sure what im looking for

Quick Reply: new member with a few questions