Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

new kid wants led running lights and blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new kid wants led running lights and blinkers

Just wondering if their was anyone who knew if some company made led bulbs to make the amber portions of my headlights led. If theirs anyone willing to share their secrets or where they ordered/ what they did it would be greatly appreciative. Thank you and have a good night.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by inlinesix
Just wondering if their was anyone who knew if some company made led bulbs to make the amber portions of my headlights led. If theirs anyone willing to share their secrets or where they ordered/ what they did it would be greatly appreciative. Thank you and have a good night.
Ok I did this to my truck literally like last month, And there are a few things that i came across... I"ll link you all the parts i got for my truck it was all off ebay so very cheap and was simple as switching out the bulbs. I didn't get arond to the tail lights but I honestly don't really care either

Dome Light
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111177415808...84.m1497.l2649
Interior map light, Front headlight marker and Bed Cargo light (there is 6) if your not doing the interior cab lights you only need 4 and not the dome light above i linked Also on a side note I had one of these out of the 6 that I ordered flickers so I'm ordering another
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271194038131...84.m1497.l2649
Blinker
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-White-High-Power-22-LED-Switchback-3157-3757-Front-Turn-Signal-Light-Lamp-/111276468191?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e89827df&vxp=mtrFog Lights (EXTREMELY BRIGHT) my friend mistook them for HID's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191030877686...84.m1497.l2649
I did not use load resistors for the Blinkers because i just went to Autozone and got an electric flasher it was right on there shelf If i remember right the part number is EP27 flasher relay for like 16 bucks. FYI the relay is right underneath your steering wheel above your OBD2 port very easy change out. much MUCH nicer than having to wire in resistors which defeats the purpose of having lower current draw of an LED. (if you were wondering why you need a new flasher or load resistors for leds' its because since LED's have like 0 current draw your truck will think the bulb is out and will "Hyperflash" or flash ultra fast so you can correct this by putting resistors upping your load or put an electronic flasher in) Oh and just a tip DO NOT GET THESE
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121259700208...84.m1497.l2649
They only have the two up front the white so it wouldn't illuminate the reflector and was pretty blinding up front. but with the ones i exchanged for them they illuminate the reflector. if you want just amber just remember to have the ones that have the led's around the side because if its just pointing straight out it looks weird and wont illuminate the reflector in your stock housing.

I'll post some pics of what they all look like in the morning when its not completely dark if I did it now it will just be a ton of lenses flares and wont be able to see jack.
The following users liked this post:
Martian (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Don't get the cheapo ones. They WILL NOT last. Save the extra money and order from superbrightleds.com.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for sending me in the right direction guys!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by powerranger262
Don't get the cheapo ones. They WILL NOT last. Save the extra money and order from superbrightleds.com.
you may be right but in all honesty they all come from china from the same factory so if they look the same on superbrightleds.com and have the same specs but is cheaper on ebay.... why pay more for the same thing. but powerrranger is right like i said in the previous post I even got 1 bumb light.. but 1 led out of the so far 18 led bulbs isn't bad. even the expensive ones will have a flicker or an issue I dealt mainly with the ebay seller sanlongparts and there returns and customer service is top notch and there out of cali so it only took a few days to ship to utah. Just a tip Cree is probly by far the best most expensive led the probly samsung and if you notice most almost all the ones i ordered are cree except for the small ones stay away from SMD's if you want high output lighting
Old 06-30-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I went cheap on the map and cargo lights, and paid more for the dome and license plate lights. You'll never guess which four bulbs are shot. I put cheap licence plate bulbs in my Ranger, only to take a look at them one night and find one working, and the other blinking like crazy. So that's my opinion on the cheap bulbs.
I would definitely recommend at least paying more for the license plate lights. Don't need to give Johnny Law a reason to pull you over for blinking lights about to fry out.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Originally Posted by Trent W
you may be right but in all honesty they all come from china from the same factory so if they look the same on superbrightleds.com and have the same specs but is cheaper on ebay.... why pay more for the same thing. but powerrranger is right like i said in the previous post I even got 1 bumb light.. but 1 led out of the so far 18 led bulbs isn't bad. even the expensive ones will have a flicker or an issue I dealt mainly with the ebay seller sanlongparts and there returns and customer service is top notch and there out of cali so it only took a few days to ship to utah. Just a tip Cree is probly by far the best most expensive led the probly samsung and if you notice most almost all the ones i ordered are cree except for the small ones stay away from SMD's if you want high output lighting
No they do not all come from China....

Quick Reply: new kid wants led running lights and blinkers