Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New items on my F150 soon to come. maybe!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New items on my F150 soon to come. maybe!

So there is a good chance I'll be adding some items to my truck. I've decided to keep it a few years longer. And as long as I can add some things to it to make it look good I'm ok with that. Tried for a new FX4 loaded with Rims and all but since my wifes car needs work as well the high payment will not work. So here are a the items I'm going to put on in the next couple days/weeks as long as it goes well at the bank. So far it's looking good..... I started to plan it out even though there is a chance I won't get as much as I want.

My plan below.

Rims - XD Spy's 18x9 will go nicely with my 295/75/18 Duratrac's and Leveled.
New Tri-fold cover(mine is ripped at the back held together with black tape)
HID lighting on Headlights and Fogs
Bed liner and bed lighting
Upgrade the factory 7" sub to a 10" inch ---maybe
Couple minor dents will get pulled out. Look like small hail dents.. about 4 of them. I dont think they are hail dents(it almost looks like knuckle dents. I think someone didn't like my truck or me)(on a side note it will be a beat down if I ever find someone damaging my truck)
Shocks all round.....maybe....I'll do whatever I can to fit them into my budget. On that note what shocks do you guys recommend without breaking the bank? I'm thinking Rancho RS9000xl in rear but not sure about front yet.

Then I get to fix up my wife's focus..... window, bumper, door, rear seat, brake light, sun visor, radio, lol between her and the kids it's been **** kicked. I'll do things like plugs, wires, air filter, get the tranny flushed and motor as well. Her shocks need to replaced as well. We will dump between 3000-4500 on both vehicles in the end.

I've already had my stuff priced out between the guys I know at the Ford Dealership I briefly worked at and my buddy that owns a Truck Shop I'm around $2400-$2700 for everything I need for my truck depending on the items I get. The rest will get lots done on the Focus. We will do the most important items first obviously.

Can't wait. Fingers Crossed.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Chive So Hard

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm curious to know how those rancho rear shocks turn out for you. I have the rancho quicklift level and have been toying with the idea of rear shocks mysef
Old 04-05-2014, 08:29 PM

Well I got my oil change today and they said I have a leaking right rear shock. They are the load adjust Monroe with the springs on them. Went back to where I bought them and they warrantied them. Apparently they have life time replacement. So I paid for the new ones came home and installed them and then took back the old ones and got my refund. So the Rancho's will not make it onto my truck just yet. But the good news is I should have my cash monday so then I'll be ordering all my stuff. I have already purchased the lighting for the bed today and will install once I put the box liner in.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:35 AM

Box liner bought and installed along with the new cover. Lights will be installed soon. My rims should be here tomorrow and installed. Next step will be the front and rear lights or upgrading my factory sub to a single 10" or two 10".
Old 04-12-2014, 01:25 AM

Rims are on and they look very nice. I'm a happy camper. Spy 18" x 8.5" Happy day.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:50 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

Any pics? Seems like a lot very good mods! Keep at it!

Quick Reply: New items on my F150 soon to come. maybe!