Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New here,I have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here,I have a few questions

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2006 ford f150 XL, bright red. I love it.

1. The dealer said it has traction control, yet I dont see a button for it , but I think theres a spot on the dash cluster for it. it doesnt light up when i put the key in, also, is there no "acc"? I noticed you cant turn the key backwards.

2.When I start the truck, above the stereo, it says Passenger air bag is off. Do I have to go to the dealer to get it turned on, or is it something simple I could do?

3. I only got one key, do I have to take it to a ford dealership to get a new one programed? and about how much is it?

4. Also, under the cigarette lighter, theres a tray that looks like its there for an ashtray, but it doesnt open?

Thanks!

Last edited by Jokor; 01-11-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:56 PM
LMK

Have someone sit in the passenger's seat. The airbag will turn on once it senses weight in the seat bottom.

You can purchase another key and program it with the existing one. Only take it in for that if you're having trouble.

Sorry I can't help you with the other issues. I'm used to working with 250s and up.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the tray under the lighter should open up if you press it in. Thats where the cupholder and ashtray is
Old 01-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Jokor
Hey everyone, I just bought a 2006 ford f150 XL, bright red. I love it.

1. The dealer said it has traction control, yet I dont see a button for it , but I think theres a spot on the dash cluster for it. it doesnt light up when i put the key in, also, is there no "acc"? I noticed you cant turn the key backwards.

There is no "ACC" on any of the 2004 to 2008 models.

2.When I start the truck, above the stereo, it says Passenger air bag is off. Do I have to go to the dealer to get it turned on, or is it something simple I could do?

Answered already. When a passenger sits in the passenger seat, the "PASSENGER AIR BAG" is activated. Be careful of any heavy object you place on the seat; this too will activate (sensor in bottom seat) the air bag.

3. I only got one key, do I have to take it to a ford dealership to get a new one programed? and about how much is it?

Get your sales person to give one to you. When I bought my truck used, they gave me a programmed extra for free.

4. Also, under the cigarette lighter, theres a tray that looks like its there for an ashtray, but it doesnt open?

Based on your model, you should be able to push it, and two cup holders and a center ash tray should pop out.

One last thing; get your sales person to give you an owners manual. They should have a few laying around. It explains all this.

Thanks!

See answers in bold.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 PM

Thanks all, I finally figured the airbags out thanks to you guys and that cupholder/ashtray, I finally got it open today. It was stuck in there, and I was being cautious trying to pry it open. I wasnt sure there was anything at all in there, but sure enough I finally got a cupholder! haha, one last thing, what about traction control? I do not have a button on the center console or anything, but it does look like I have a light for it by the brights on the dash cluster. Im finally getting some snow here in indiana, and I have a choice between a taurus/explorer, or my f150 aka big red. I would like to have TC in my truck though if im going to go out and drive it while its snowing. If not ill take another vehicle.

Thanks for all the help!
Jokor
Old 01-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Again, visit the dealership where you bought the truck. They can explain these to you, and I strooooongly suggest you get your hands on an owners manual.

Decimal point. My kingdom for a decimal point!

Quick Reply: New here,I have a few questions