Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Halo Headlights

Just purchased new halo headlights off ebay and installed them myself two days ago and wanted to post a pic to see what you guys think. had a hard time with the wiring becuase a fuse was blown and took me forever to realize it but its done now
Old 03-10-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Are the projectors? Did you install HID's? How well do they work at night compared to stock?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:32 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Can you return them?

Those are going to give you a headache.

-poor output' terrible beam pattern, dim, no real width, poor uniformity
-HID-agnostic
-fog-prone
-leak prone
-Zero product support
-Poor documentation
-poor quality
-lenses will yellow, craze and lose clarity ( crap-to-none UV coating )
-Rice-a-roni

Shop here instead: www.theretrofitsource.com

What you spent would get you into entry-level quality HID projector retrofit - that will simply blow those way...

MGD
Old 03-10-2015, 07:34 PM
MGD
former member

Originally Posted by jshillin
Are the projectors? Did you install HID's? How well do they work at night compared to stock?
They cannot be used with HID capsules - they will eventually melt. And the optics are all wrong - halogen-only.

Most of these are actually worse than stock - it;a all over this board and others if you'd search.

MGD
Old 03-10-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy I bet that crushed you.....lol! While they are a bit over stylized they are better than what you had. Also I find the stock headlights to be dreadful and sometimes I check to make sure my lights are on so I don't think you can get to much worse.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Proud F150 Owner!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh boy... Sure hope you sealed them. I wouldn't count on them lasting too long though.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
Can you return them?

Those are going to give you a headache.

-poor output' terrible beam pattern, dim, no real width, poor uniformity
-HID-agnostic
-fog-prone
-leak prone
-Zero product support
-Poor documentation
-poor quality
-lenses will yellow, craze and lose clarity ( crap-to-none UV coating )
-Rice-a-roni

Shop here instead: www.theretrofitsource.com

What you spent would get you into entry-level quality HID projector retrofit - that will simply blow those way...

MGD
Looked on the site you referenced and couldnt find a set already built. Im not looking to build my own due to lack of time and skill at this point but I am interested in a cheaper, entry level retrofit setup if one is out there...

Trending Topics

Old 03-13-2015, 11:10 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought a pair of Spyder headlights and put in 6000K HID's and upgraded to 35W quickstart ballasts.. downsides is the halo's dont start in cold and the film on the outside of the lens peeled off. All of this can be fixed if you want to pop it open. Make sure you seal aftermarket headlights, I never had anything get inside nor dew and I have sent them through mud puddles.. but it's always good to take precautions.

I have rigged both HID's into the hi and low beams - 6000K. I plan to retrofit these aftermarket lights as stated - the beam pattern is not clean, but it is night and day vs stock..

Just don't put HID's straight in stock headlights without a projector of any sort.. that's just being a d-bag.

Also my HID's in no way are melting my housings or projectors for being in a halogen projector..

Last edited by wOrker; 03-14-2015 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:10 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by wOrker
I bought a pair of Spyder headlights and put in 6000K HID's and upgraded to 35W quickstart ballasts.. downsides is the halo's dont start in cold and the film on the outside of the lens peeled off. All of this can be fixed if you want to pop it open. Make sure you seal aftermarket headlights, I never had anything get inside nor dew and I have sent them through mud puddles.. but it's always good to take precautions.

I have rigged both HID's into the hi and low beams - 6000K. I plan to retrofit these aftermarket lights as stated - the beam pattern is not clean, but it is night and day vs stock..

Just don't put HID's straight in stock headlights without a projector of any sort.. that's just being a d-bag.

Also my HID's in no way are melting my housings or projectors for being in a halogen projector..
How did you rig the high beam to put hids? I've been wanting to put hids Into the highs.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:01 AM
MGD
former member

Originally Posted by wOrker

There is so much wrong here, that I don't even know where to begin ... so I'll just leave this here:

MGD

Quick Reply: New Halo Headlights