Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New Guy with Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Guy with Questions!!

I have a 2004 F150 Supercab. It has a 6" Fabtech Suspension Lift. The shocks however are Davis, I believe they are from the shop that lifted the truck. My question however, is I have a lot of "Bouncing" in the rear when driving down slightly bumpy roads. Do I need to replace the Shocks? If so what would you reccomend? Do they make specific shocks for lifted trucks? Also, when the truck was lifted it was never calibrated after, the speedometer is off a good bit and the shops around here either cant or wont calibrate the truck, any advise? Help me out guys.
Attached Images  

Last edited by SilverbackF150; 04-23-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 PM
emtzach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes u need longer shocks but most of the bounce is a weight issue or lack off weight. if u want it gone u need to spend a little on good shocks AKA http://4wheelonline.com/RanchoTruckShocks.23 these are lift kit specific up to u... as far as the speedo. if ure state has lift laws in affect and ure to big then no shop wants the liability of being the last one to touch ure truck but hypertech sells the power programmer that lets u set the tire size and ring /pinion gears etc.... good luck.... oh yeah take ure hand across the front tiree and make sure there is no signe of inside scaloping go along the inside treads go front to back then back to front if it feels like it grabs ure fingers one way but not the other ure front shocks may be shot as well ( or your balljoints for that matter) if it feels like that across the whole tire then u may need an alignment, all that should have been done post lift including fixing the speedo thats why i bring it up

Quick Reply: New Guy with Questions!!