Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

new guy question. Yes another one...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy question about oem 20's

Hello all i have been a lurker here for a few months hoping for some info but never seemed to find it, probably cuz im blind or somethin but hey whatever.

well i am on my 3rd 04-08 f150 now first 2 were company trucks via a family company and now have a f350 as a company truck, but personally went out and got myself an 08 f150 screw fx4 loaded up... nice nice truck in my opinion.

well now here is my question how big of a tire can i go on as set of oem 20 inch wheels ?
then how big can i go with a leveling kit?
the truck get minimal use its my pavement princess as per say and i do plan on doing a BDS 6 inch lift eventually but i just cant justify over $5000.00 for a lift kit on a brand new truck plus wheels and tires when i have a new born on the way in 3 months.... oh my how life will change...

but anyhow... any and all help is very apprecieated, and i hope there is people around here with some experiances's with level kits and larger tires such as mud grapplers and other aggressive tires on FACTORY 20 inch wheels..

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by CRANKYBOY; 05-25-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:46 PM
FTW NU2

Crankyboy,
There are tons of threads on max tire size in this forum, the question comes up about once a week. Any way, it is 35" with the 2 1/2" leveler, not sure what that is in metric. Alot of these folks have the set-up that you are talking about and are very proud of the pictures that they have to share. Good luck.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM

thanks for looking at my post

i more so interested in hoe it relates to the oem 20 inch wheels in regards to the max tire size ect...
i have read a many posts in regards to 17's & 18's and about aftermarket 20 inch wheels but i only came across on guy with factory 20's that upsized and now i cant find it again.

once again thanks for your help
Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 PM

no one running oem 20's with larger offroad rubber?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the OEM 20's but I'm still rollin with the stock Pirelli's. When these Pirelli's go bad I'm planning on leveling it and getting some 33's but that's about 15k miles down the road.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:26 AM

if you cant justify spending the money for a lift on a new truck if you have the money. your not much of a truck guy.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:32 AM

Not every one is rich. Sometimes even a truck guy has to spend wisely.

Trending Topics

Old 05-27-2008, 05:27 PM
harlyrider01

Originally Posted by CRANKYBOY
Hello all i have been a lurker here for a few months hoping for some info but never seemed to find it, probably cuz im blind or somethin but hey whatever.

well i am on my 3rd 04-08 f150 now first 2 were company trucks via a family company and now have a f350 as a company truck, but personally went out and got myself an 08 f150 screw fx4 loaded up... nice nice truck in my opinion.

well now here is my question how big of a tire can i go on as set of oem 20 inch wheels ?
then how big can i go with a leveling kit?
the truck get minimal use its my pavement princess as per say and i do plan on doing a BDS 6 inch lift eventually but i just cant justify over $5000.00 for a lift kit on a brand new truck plus wheels and tires when i have a new born on the way in 3 months.... oh my how life will change...

but anyhow... any and all help is very apprecieated, and i hope there is people around here with some experiances's with level kits and larger tires such as mud grapplers and other aggressive tires on FACTORY 20 inch wheels..

Thanks so much for your help!
Check out my truck. It has 33 inch Nitto Grapplers on it with 20 inch wheels, 2.5 inch level on the front with a leaf added in the rear. These tires would also fit on factory 20'S. Still has factory ride.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by sg****son
if you cant justify spending the money for a lift on a new truck if you have the money. your not much of a truck guy.
if you read a little further just a couple words.... i know it wouldnt hurt to much.... you would have seen i have a new born comming...
i sold my drag mustang and my 2002 mustang to buy this truck so my kid would have a father for a little while.... lol...
hey i am a big truck guy... but at this time i cant justify the outlay of $5000.00 plus wheels and tires.... not to say i dont want to.... but i am sure you all know about the wife needing things for the house... and the baby needs stuff for the room and strollers ect...... one step at a time right.....
Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pick Up Man
Not every one is rich. Sometimes even a truck guy has to spend wisely.

exactly!

Quick Reply: new guy question. Yes another one...