Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New guy one question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy one question

Hey Guys, I am new to the truck scene after driving Mustangs for years I decided Ford was the truck I wanted.

I am hopefully picking up my 2004 SC tomorrow, I am buying it used from a non Ford dealer. I took it for a test drive and there was a slight vibration at highway speeds. So before I sign the paperwork I wanted that fixed first. Only question I have at the moment is the truck is fully loaded but there is no remote for the keyless entry. The dealer said they only got 2 keys from the previous owner. Since its fully loaded to the max, is there a way to find out if this truck is even equipped with this option?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

It has the option. I bought two remotes of of E-bay for like $30. You can program them yourself, just check the owners manual. I am sure the dealer wants something like $45 each.

Be glad you have two keys because the keys are expensive to program, around $100 at the dealer. Since you have two keys you can also program new keys yourself. Again E-bay is a inexpensive place to get them.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Try steps one and two and see if it locks and unlocks:
  • All remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.
  • Programming of the RKE transmitters can be accomplished using a diagnostic tool or by carrying out the following steps:
  1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode using the RKE transmitter, RKE keypad (if equipped) or door lock control switch while the driver door is open.
  2. Turn the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds , with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module successfully enters the program mode, it locks and then unlocks all doors.
  3. Within 20 seconds , press any button on an RKE transmitter, and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that each RKE transmitter is programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.
  4. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification. Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.
  5. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
  •  
    • The key transitions to the OFF position.
    • Twenty seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
    • The maximum number of RKE transmitters have been programmed.

Try to get him to throw in some fobs, he can give you the one's off a similar year Ford he's got on the lot and you can program them . If not, I agree with dnlow, go the ebay route.

Welcome to the forum, FYI SC means supercharged here, Ford's cabs are Supercabs (SCab) and Supercrews (SCrew).
Old 04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome and that vibration is probably the tires need rebalancing

i had 2 2005 mustangs previous of this truck. loving the truck so far
Old 04-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much for the help, I will have many more questions for you when I get the truck hahaha

Quick Reply: New guy one question