Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New to forum...Leveling Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum...Leveling Question

Hey Guys,

I'm new here to the forum. I'm on my third ford truck...started with a ranger in high school, bought a F150 STX right after college and just got a Lariat SC for more space.

Anyway, here's my question...

My Lariat sits differently than my STX did. The STX was pretty level without any additional modding or leveling kits. To achieve that look, I want to install a leveling kit on my current Lariat. I don't really want to change my wheels/tires at this point though. Anyone on here put the leveling kit on for the look, not to add bigger tires? I currently have the standard 275/65R18's on right now and love the tires I have.

Basically, does the 2-3" front lift look awkward without upsizing tires? And, any recommendations for leveling kits? I talked to one shop today and they said they'd go w/ the skyjackers. Thanks in advance for the assistance...great forum here, I look forward to participating in the threads.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

im going to drop the rear to decrease the gap with the stock tires, but the lift to the front may look ok with 18s, i have 17s
Old 05-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a 2.5" leveling kit on mine prior to lifting and did it strictly for the look of the truck. I went with the lift and bigger tires because that's what the ultimate goal of my truck was. I'd recommend a 2" kit (unless you plan on towing) though because measurement wise my truck sat alightly higher in the front with the 2.5" kit.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:22 AM

Thanks for the responses, guys. In regards to adding the 2.5" and having the truck sit up in the front...anyone added the 1" blocks in the rear, or removing the 2" and adding 3" in the rear to get the true "level" look?

Thanks again
Old 05-18-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a 2.5" level on my Lariet Screw. Made the truck look mean.............
Old 05-18-2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by VirginiaSC
Thanks for the responses, guys. In regards to adding the 2.5" and having the truck sit up in the front...anyone added the 1" blocks in the rear, or removing the 2" and adding 3" in the rear to get the true "level" look?

Thanks again
I did exactly that. Mine is an NCD Customs 2.5" level in the front and a Fat Bob's Garage 3" (1" additional) block in the rear. I also have 33's now.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:55 PM

Thanks fellas. Man, iceman that truck looks sweet. That's just the look I'm going for. Except, I just got some tires I love so I'm going to stick with them for now (275/65R18's). I called a local shop yesterday and they wanted about $300 for the 2.5" leveling kit, labor, and alignment. I think they were quoting the skyjacker leveling kit. What do yall think about that price? I'm going to stop by there on my way home from work and talk to them face to face and find out the details...

Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by VirginiaSC
Thanks fellas. Man, iceman that truck looks sweet. That's just the look I'm going for. Except, I just got some tires I love so I'm going to stick with them for now (275/65R18's). I called a local shop yesterday and they wanted about $300 for the 2.5" leveling kit, labor, and alignment. I think they were quoting the skyjacker leveling kit. What do yall think about that price? I'm going to stop by there on my way home from work and talk to them face to face and find out the details...

Thanks again.
Thanks for the compliment. The steps really set the look off. I did my level kit myself. It really wasn't tough and the parts were less than $100 to my door.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:27 PM

looks good iceman im planingon doing the same within the next two weeks what about ordering the leveling kit on ebay ?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 PM

Made the appointment to get the leveling kit today! Can't wait for it to be done...only thing left to decide is the height. Talked to the guys at the shop for about an hour and they said they haven't seen any of the joint problems with the 3"...although I'm hesitant. They weren't trying to sell me one way or another, but the cost between the two is negligible so they brought it up. Any personal experience with the 3" on here? Any guys had it on for years without issue? Also, how bad does the add-a-leaf affect the ride? Thanks in advance fellas.

Quick Reply: New to forum...Leveling Question