Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

New audio system

Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New audio system

I have the stock head unit and speakers in my 2007 F-150 and whenever a song hits hard the music dims because the head unit doesn't give off enough power ... if i simply replace the head unit without messing with the speakers will it fix this problem or do i have to replace both... also what head unit/speakers do you reccomend?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

more info is needed, is everything stock in your truck? speakers, subwoofer, electrical components?

the stock stuff dosnt "hit hard"
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Sup

Usually putting in a good quality head unit will give you a better sound and will give you more power for the deeper hits, and it will improve your problem, however when you install just the head unit, you are now limited by the max output of the speakers. They will hit harder and sound better, but to achive the best sound, you need speakers. What i did was first get the head unit, then later when i had the extra cash, got the speakers. As far as brand for a head unit, i like Pioneer the best, they have really good amps that put out amasing clarity, and i choose the infinity speakers because of thier clairty, however infinity is not known for the bass output. But thats just one mans opinion. What sounds good to one person may sound compleatly different to somebody else. Well, I hope this was helpful to your situation...
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Car Audio Junkie

if you want real clarity the only way to go is a component set, there is no denying any of that

pioneer amps are not the greatest, they are ok thats it. a good amp is rockford fosgate, stetsom, crunch amps are decent too, the power is really clean and its cheap

a good 6.5 component set would be good, re audio re, phoenix gold rsd, kicker ks lots of other options, if you have more questions let me know
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
JClaus19

I used to have a car that did pretty much the same thing, but it didnt have stock speakers or the stock head unit. I replaced the head unit with a brand new one, and bought a bigger amp, and the problem became non-existant... Probably nothing like what your experiencing, but i thought I'd share anyways..
Old 02-17-2009, 10:26 PM

i have a sub wired in but as far as sound quality from the speakers its not very good because songs that have alot of bass cause the sound from the speakers to dim ... i was just wondering if this can be fixed by simply replacing the head unit or if i have to replace the speakers with it
Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 PM
JClaus19

If the speakers are stock, I would replace them. If not, I'd probably just replace the head unit.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 PM

any more suggestions on what speakers to get ... they dont need much bass because i will get that from my sub but i want them to be clean and good value ... what size are the front and rear speakers?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Car Audio Junkie

a good component set would be best, re audio re, kicker ks, phoenix gold rsd many more, all 6.5 components

what amp and sub combo are you using? if your battery still stock? what size wire to the amp in back

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New audio system