Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

need your input

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default need your input

been looking to getting the westin nerf bar in powder coated black for my truck was wondering if anyone has any input on the brand or recomendation on a better brand all i want is them to be all black as for my truck is all black thnx ahead for any input.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
F-Series Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the westins on my old truck. They worked very well and looked good too. I liked them.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the westins on my old ranger. I would have to agree they were awesome.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do it
Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

thnx guys
Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 PM
July 2008 TOTM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default I would "highly" recommend them! Here's proof why!

This is my Chevy before I got T-boned by an idiot doing about 50mph. I was doing 40mph, through an intersection, and he ran a red light and ended up totaling my truck.

Here is the same side. (This was a 2002) The nerf bars saved my left leg. The frame of the SUV came about 5 inches in to the cab. I have been told, by many technicians, that if those nerf bars would not have been there, I would have had a shattered left leg. The impact bent them down and the part of the frame that they were attached to.

The truck was totaled (was in mint condition) as the impact busted the transmission, broke the drive shaft loose, and broke numerous front end suspension parts. The inside, driver's side, was bent up (even moved the driver's seat towards the other side of the truck 2 inches - broke it right off the rails!), but protected by the nerf bar, in my opinion.

That is why I replaced it with a FORD! I know that if I get hit, like this, in the F150, it will never amount to that kind of damage!

Anyway, YES, I stand behind Weston's products! I, personally, don't have them on my FX4 because I got the stock ones for free. Otherwise, I would have bought Westin's and installed them
Old 09-24-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think they are all the same

My wife and I were in China for the Olympics and whiole there we took a tour of a plant that makes bull bars, nerf bars, etc. The interesting thing was they would run the lines for an hour and package as Westin , they would then run for an hour and package as another brand, and so on and so on. It appears to me that the products were all the same, we could see no other changes made to the line other than the packaging. I would buy based on price not name. Think you'll save money and get exactly the same product.

Quick Reply: need your input